GEN 2 Shock Rebuild/ Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A pair of new front shocks are about $840 shipped from Tascar parts. You could easily sell your used shocks for $100 each if in good condition (maybe even more) but let's call it $650 net cost.

Rebuild is $500 shipped for fronts. And then wait 30+ days to get your core charge back. So you're saving maybe $150 at most to either potentially get back someone else's cosmetically imperfect shock (if that matters to you) or wait weeks to get your own shocks back.

I'd check ebay for takeoffs or low mileage ones too. 17/18 shocks are hard to find newish anymore, but plenty of new 19/20s out there. Personally don't think the live valve delete kit is worth the effort for 17/18s.

321raptor

Reaction score
Ordered my rebuilds from forged last weekend. Went with the flutter stack and stage 1 offroad valving. Throwing on a set of eibach coils as well to replace the icon collars, so should see noticeable improvement, but will report back.

bought my truck used, it was a pavement princess in its former life so rebuild is coming later than most at 72k.

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my rebuilds from forged last weekend. Went with the flutter stack and stage 1 offroad valving. Throwing on a set of eibach coils as well to replace the icon collars, so should see noticeable improvement, but will report back.

bought my truck used, it was a pavement princess in its former life so rebuild is coming later than most at 72k.

I’m about to pull the trigger with them also, curious on how you liked them, also looking into adding the flutter stack.

321raptor

Reaction score
I’m about to pull the trigger with them also, curious on how you liked them, also looking into adding the flutter stack.
Finally got to test them out offroad this weekend...very noticeable improvement, handled some light whoops, little bit of light rock climbing in little moab, and a jump with ease.

on road performance is better for sure, rear end isn’t wobbling around in turns, but reality is it’s still a heavy truck on soft suspension, not a Porsche.

would definitely recommend forged if you’re looking to do a rebuild or exchange on the stock shocks