Gen 2 replace uca ball joints ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrishiznit33

Reaction score
Hello my uca are going bad. My mechanic I’ve been using says he can get duralast gold ball joints and press them in. Is this correct? I haven’t seen any info at all about this being able to be done on a gen 2

Thanks.

OP
OP
C

Chrishiznit33

Reaction score
Said ball joint is replaceable because they’re installed with a snap ring. Any insight would be appreciated

DEN

Reaction score
They do seem replaceable. I have not found a replacement part though. Ball joints are usually pressed in/out.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone replace these? I can't find a Motorcraft/Ford part number...just the Duralast GFA500359. I'll buy heim joint uppers eventually, but wasn't planning on spending $2k so soon. Can it be pressed out without removing the control arm? Was hoping not to have to pull the shock also.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Ford replaces the whole unit I believe, I would go with moog ball joints Etc. much better quality And have a grease zerk fitting. it needs to be removed to install the new ones.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford replaces the whole unit I believe, I would go with moog ball joints Etc. much better quality And have a grease zerk fitting. it needs to be removed to install the new ones.
Thanks! I ended up going with the Duralast GFA500359 since I could find them locally and there was so much play I needed them fixed asap...they fit!