Gen 2 rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kwikie

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Wanted to see if anybody has heard this rattle before. It's on a 2018 Gen 2 Raptor. 38k miles.

Skip to 1:20 and play till 1:40 to hear it. The whole video is trying to catch the sound for the dealer but figured I would try here to see if anyone else has had this rattle.

Thanks All!!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear what sounds like a spring oscillation, but I couldn’t hear a rattle. Is it audible in the cab?

OP
OP
K

Kwikie

Reaction score
if everything is quiet you can hear it in the cab. When I'm at a drive-thru the sound reflects off the building to make it even louder. It seems to only do it when I slow down. Or sometimes when I accelerate.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is everything stock? I would start by checking all of the exhaust heat shields for contact with any components. If you can’t find any issues with the heat shielding, place the camera to view either turbocharger wastegate. If the rattle coincides with wastegate position and both turbos make the same noise, that would be a normal wastegate noise.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That rock is a keeper. Good find.