Gen 2 Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TactiSquatch

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been lurking for a while and first post. I’m looking into trading in my focus ST to get a raptor now that I’ve got 2 kids, can’t fit 2 car seats and the wife comfortably. Gen 3 style doesn’t do it for me like gen 2 and love the v8 of gen 1 but style and tech less so.

Anyway long story short my question is, with the insanity in the used market right now does anyone anticipate the gen 3 release affecting gen 2 market? Also, s there an issue with 2017 gen 2s specifically? I’ve seen plenty with reasonable mileage that are only like $7-8k more than a gen 1 with 40k more miles. I’ve seen some stuff about the plastic oil pans but is that worth such a big price difference with the 2019s all in the $65k range?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

If you can put eyes on the oil pan area and it is both 1) not leaking and 2) not recently cleaned / wiped down, it’s probably not a current or future issue at this point. Something like 95% were not a problem. same thing with cam phaser park issue.

The major ‘improvement’ on the ‘19+ was the addition of the Fox live valve shocks.

Worth it is subjective and only you can make that call. None of us can accurately predict the new truck/used truck market right now because of the overall component, part and new vehicle shortage.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait wait wait a few more months and prices will drop, but then again so will the price of your current ride.