Gen 2-Poor handling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpinc

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a 2018 with 2.25 Icon leveling kit and 37" Toyo Rt's.

Experiencing very poor and loose feel on dirt roads at speeds of 40 or more in normal or baja mode. 50 lbs of tire pressure and realized that was too much, reduced to 40 and it was better but still a hand full to drive.

I have another vehicle, 07 Suburban with adjustable dampning Kings that can drive down same road at 80 mph 1 handed. Tire pressure is 40 lbs.

Was concerned with dropping Raptor tire pressure lower for better handling but do not want to air up again for street use.

Any help?

Attachments

• IMG_4524.jpg
    IMG_4524.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 204

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean for starters your tires look way too wide for the wheels leading to way too much sidewall flex ie her getting loose

OP
OP
jpinc

jpinc

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Icon wheels 17x8.5 6mm offset same as stock. Toyo Rt 37x12.5x17. Have seen others on this forum running very similar wheels with same tires.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
youre gonna want 38 psi as it says on the door, or even 36 or less offroad.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
36-38psi will help a bit, anything done to the rear springs?

You added a ton of weight with those 37” Toyos.

If you haven’t already look into a set of custom deavers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 2018 with 2.25 Icon leveling kit and 37" Toyo Rt's.

Experiencing very poor and loose feel on dirt roads at speeds of 40 or more in normal or baja mode. 50 lbs of tire pressure and realized that was too much, reduced to 40 and it was better but still a hand full to drive.

I have another vehicle, 07 Suburban with adjustable dampning Kings that can drive down same road at 80 mph 1 handed. Tire pressure is 40 lbs.

Was concerned with dropping Raptor tire pressure lower for better handling but do not want to air up again for street use.

Any help?

Did you have your truck aligned after the leveling kit?

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does it feel like the rear isn't following the front, rear end hop.?. Try some weight in the bed.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the alignment specs? ALSO that's way too much air pressure for those tires.

OP
OP
jpinc

jpinc

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck was aligned after leveling.

It does feel light in the rear but the front feels unstable to the driver and the passenger. You would not want to have oncoming traffic for fear of head on collision.

Which Deaver's to keep level look? I tossed the alignment spec's but was told only needed slight adjustment, I think it was toe?

How low can I go on air pressure and not need to air back up for ride home?