Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

GEN 2 Owners In Huntsville Alabama

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by 96redvettelt4, Jan 12, 2019.

1. 96redvettelt4

96redvettelt4 Member

Have seen several GEN 2 Raptors in/around Huntsville Alabama. Looking to install some rigid lights. Anyone around with experience that might be willing to help me out?

Chad

2. VinnieDeutsch

VinnieDeutsch Member

Might could help out.

I see tons of raptors around here too but there seems to be ZERO community. The GNAR guys seem like they used to be pretty active but maybe fizzled out. I begin to think a good portion of the folks I see may not be enthusiasts. Would be nice to get some enthusiast types together to plan some outings.

If you ever see a Magnetic SCREW driving around like a jerk it's probably me. A lead foot and little patience can be a bad mix around here.

3. 96redvettelt4

96redvettelt4 Member

Yeah there’s at least 10 floating around Huntsville. This weekend is supposed to around 60 degrees so may try to do something this weekend.

4. VinnieDeutsch

VinnieDeutsch Member

I should be around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Dan Thomas

Dan Thomas Full Access Member

Not in Huntsville but not far away either, You guys to a get together count me in..

6. justcozz

justcozz Full Access Member

It could be me also. LOL

I rarely check in here, but I do get out and about occasionally. I'm seeing tons of Gen-2's locally.

7. VinnieDeutsch

VinnieDeutsch Member

Are you in the Hampton Cove/Owens Cross Roads area? I’ve seen at least another magnetic screw out there.

8. Sir_Phil

Sir_Phil Member

Hi guys,
    I joined the forum a while back because I’ve been looking at Raptors for at least five years. Still haven’t bought one yet. Sold my last truck ‘07 Sierra Denali with 8” lift kit and a ton of mods. Loved the looks and drove the hell out of it, parked it in the middle of the Flint a River and fished from the driver’s seat...and it had a turning radius of about 75 yards.
    But I still haven’t bought a Raptor. I’ve talked to dealers in Maine (where we bought a house), GA, TN and all around North Alabama.
    Came close to pulling the trigger a couple times, but then I’d catch the folks at Woody Anderson in a lie and I’d walk. In fact, been lied to three times by 3 different people at WA Ford.
    Besides problem of finding “honest” dealership with best deal, I still wonder if I should look more closely at other makes. Gotta have something that works well in deep snow. And it’s gotta be comfy because I’ll have to drive it at least half the year once we move to Maine, because my sports car can’t handle anything more than rain. After I bought it my wife said, “You realize you can’t spend more than $5k on a truck now....” Yeah, right.

So, a couple questions: Did you guys buy in the Huntsville area, and do you recommend a specific dealership?
    Are/were there any other make/model trucks you considered in the course of buying your Raptors?

Thanks so much!
    Phil Saunders

6E0DF1BB-2CCE-4EC5-A041-8B0BAA4C7362.jpeg 74BFC59F-8D64-41C8-B40F-346819E71A70.jpeg 59E0902F-889F-43C6-B436-F83EDA2C93EB.jpeg

9. VinnieDeutsch

VinnieDeutsch Member

Hi Phil,

Cool rides!

I may be biased but the Raptor is a no brainer for me. It’s fast (for a truck), it’s very capable on and off road, it’s very comfy, and historically hold their value pretty well. Not to mention it looks badass.

I’m traditionally a car guy but I absolutely love this truck and have zero regrets getting it.

Anyway, I picked mine up at Long-Lewis in Muscle Shoals back in Feb 2018. At the time most places were charging $10k over MSRP and I got it for MSRP. At the time that was a pretty good deal, and with pretty low depreciation I didn’t have too much of an issue with it.

10. Sir_Phil

Sir_Phil Member

Thanks for the heads-up on Long Lewis Muscle Shoals. I’ve had some reasonable offers from a couple dealerships at MSRP and a little below lately. Like you I love the looks, like the ride. Would love to be able to get Recaro seats without having to opt for the blue highlights interior for several thousand, but that’s the breaks! Black leather with regular seats will have to do. One of the things that pissed me off was when Woody Anderson didn’t have one with Recaros the saleswoman told me Ford was no longer offering the option because customers were complaining they were uncomfortable. I found this hard to believe, so I called Ford customer relations and happened to get connected to head of Interior Design. He said that was “absolutely untrue.” When the saleswoman found out I’d “fact-checked” her she got so pissed she stopped returning my calls.
    Strange way to sell trucks!