Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Gen 3-R or staying with your Gen 2??

Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Raptor-R, RAM T-REX or staying with your Gen 2??

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This poll is interesting, it shows just how good the G2 is and that there isn't enough new in the G3 to make folks blink. Very interesting. Doesn't bode well for sales.......
Good point. If the stars line up I would upgrade. I'd love a better rear suspension and stock 37s. If I could get a color I liked with the 800a package and 37s without the stickers and carbon and blue and get it at a good price, I'd upgrade sooner than planned. As it stands now, no. I'll wait for the third or fourth model year. Gen 2 is plenty good enough for me.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This poll is interesting, it shows just how good the G2 is and that there isn't enough new in the G3 to make folks blink. Very interesting. Doesn't bode well for sales.......

If you know nothing but that poll, then I would agree with you. However, I would bet that a poll between then Gen 2 and 3 had similar results. For the most part, the people who are buying Gen 3 now are the ones who want it AND it makes decent financial sense for them to do so right now. Many people have stated that they will look at get a Gen 3 a couple years from now when the bugs are worked out and good deals can be had.

And of course, this isn't taking into account people who don't currently own Raptors. Since the majority of Gen 2 owners on this forum don't seem to be previous Gen 1 who moved to Gen 2, I'd say that leaves a pretty big part of the market the poll doesn't address.

Ford is going to have no problem selling every Raptor they can make this year and likely next year as well...short of a financial apocalypse. It may be even longer before good deals can be had, if the buzz on the Raptor R bleeds down to the 'regular' Raptors as well.

Last edited:

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you getting your RS6 at msrp? If so can you shot me a pm with dealership info. We went to trade in my wife’s Q8 on a RS6 here in California and they wouldn’t even consider selling at msrp because it had a 40k adm. I figured it’s a bluff and my wife REALLY wanted it so I said **** it and offered 5k over. I was politely told to kick rocks. Sure enough a woman living in Beverly Hills bought it for 50k over msrp 3 days later.
$10K ADM in SLC, UT. Think I got away with one...contract is signed and payment authorized, just waiting on the car. I'm not holding my breath, but car should be here in 2-3 months and then we'll see what actually happens.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure I will get flames for this but my plan is to hold on to my Gen 2 until my Tri Motor cyber truck arrives. At that point I’ll either trade my Gen 2 for a Bronco warthog/Land Rover defender V8 or build my Gen 2 with a RMB stroker, HM 16in travel kit, fender flare, 40in tires etc etc aka donkey build.

I guess all my other plans depend on how much the cyber quad cost is as I plan on adding that on when it’s time to fill out my option sheet
I like that thing too. May be my next vehicle but not right when it comes out. I’ve seen enough of Tesla to know better.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of interesting trucks will appear over the next two years. May 19th the Lightning strikes. Curious to see what Ford has been working on.

ORTrux

Reaction score
Managed to snag a loaded GEN2 right before prices went truly bananas for a reasonable price. With the MSRP hike and ADMs I'm not worried about depreciation on this thing and I'm really coming to love the truck - and think it looks a lot better than the G3's. Going to wait for the market to chill on new ones before I even consider it, so 1-2 years out at least.

MikeE

Reaction score
I was eyeballing the Explorer ST's up until I went on an Explorer forum. Holy crap those things have issues......

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was eyeballing the Explorer ST's up until I went on an Explorer forum. Holy crap those things have issues......

Yeah, well dont look at the TRX forums....lol

Alright, take a look..... ROFL