Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Gen 3-R or staying with your Gen 2??

Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Raptor-R, RAM T-REX or staying with your Gen 2??

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
I think 2023 is going to be a much better year for truck buying.

All the manufacturers should have their new product out. and hopefully supply is better

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. It is definitely an update. But it’s like why do it half a s s? If you’re gonna do it you gotta go all the way.

So true, I saw that ZR2 video today, and was laughing when they said, "is it a competitor to the Raptor or the TRX, probably not, but it's definitely an improvement for Chevy......" yeah, but they are still Waaaay behind Dodge, and even further behind Ford. The front and rear lockers is a nice option to have, and the tailpipes cut before the rear bumper was a nice touch for rear angle and clearance.....but 33's???? ROFL.......I believe that's the same size tire as the little Colorado ZR2.....I used to have a 1996 ZR2 extended cab and loved it, with 35's......decent ride and went everywhere. We've advanced since then though.....Chevy can't keep up.....

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the ZR2 is in the class of the F-150 Tremor and the Ram Rebel. The 6.2 is nice but equal to the 3.5 non H.O. Powerwise. Tune the 3.5 and look out however. The ZR2’s suspension is basically the same geometry as the Trailboss and the standard 4x4 Silverado with the addition of the new shocks and springs, and the electronic lockers front and rear. I’m curious can the ZR2 support AWD? But it’s suspension travel and overall width of the truck doesn’t compare to the Raptor or TRX. Not a bad upgrade if your hell bent on staying with a Chevy.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
So true, I saw that ZR2 video today, and was laughing when they said, "is it a competitor to the Raptor or the TRX, probably not, but it's definitely an improvement for Chevy......" yeah, but they are still Waaaay behind Dodge, and even further behind Ford. The front and rear lockers is a nice option to have, and the tailpipes cut before the rear bumper was a nice touch for rear angle and clearance.....but 33's???? ROFL.......I believe that's the same size tire as the little Colorado ZR2.....I used to have a 1996 ZR2 extended cab and loved it, with 35's......decent ride and went everywhere. We've advanced since then though.....Chevy can't keep up.....
nothing wrong with 33's.

I prefer 35's myself. But 33's makes sense for most truck owners

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
I think the ZR2 is in the class of the F-150 Tremor and the Ram Rebel. The 6.2 is nice but equal to the 3.5 non H.O. Powerwise. Tune the 3.5 and look out however. The ZR2’s suspension is basically the same geometry as the Trailboss and the standard 4x4 Silverado with the addition of the new shocks and springs, and the electronic lockers front and rear. I’m curious can the ZR2 support AWD? But it’s suspension travel and overall width of the truck doesn’t compare to the Raptor or TRX. Not a bad upgrade if your hell bent on staying with a Chevy.
Agreed.

Not everything is built to compare to the trx and raptor. For a reason

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

6.2 > any Ford engine in a 1/2 ton besides the HO 3.5 (or maybe the power boost but we’ll have to wait on that to really find out)

I’d probably lean toward a GM 6.2 AT4 or ZR2 before I’d go w/ a Ram Rebel. The new f150 Tremor is nice but makes no sense to me when they offer the Raptor for similar price- if I wanted more payload in an off-road truck I’d go w/ the F250 Tremor

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
6.2 > any Ford engine in a 1/2 ton besides the HO 3.5 (or maybe the power boost but we’ll have to wait on that to really find out)

I’d probably lean toward a GM 6.2 AT4 or ZR2 before I’d go w/ a Ram Rebel. The new f150 Tremor is nice but makes no sense to me when they offer the Raptor for similar price- if I wanted more payload in an off-road truck I’d go w/ the F250 Tremor
The non HO 3.5 makes good power, and if you choose to tune the difference is way more apparent. But I agree the 6.2 is a good motor and makes some good power. The Rebel is a little boring lol. I would have thought the Tremor’s price point would have been cheaper and would gather a lot of interest. But this truck can get expensive too. And it’s no where near a Raptor level.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The non HO 3.5 makes good power, and if you choose to tune the difference is way more apparent. But I agree the 6.2 is a good motor and makes some good power. The Rebel is a little boring lol. I would have thought the Tremor’s price point would have been cheaper and would gather a lot of interest. But this truck can get expensive too. And it’s no where near a Raptor level.
All the price points are nuts...
I just built an XL Screw with the 5.0 and 4x4...49k. An XL. 49k. WTF.