Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Gen 3-R or staying with your Gen 2??

Gen 2 Owners: Are you going to Gen 3, Raptor-R, RAM T-REX or staying with your Gen 2??

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to hang on to my 2020 802A. I’ve seen the Gen 3s when we did a commercial for it and yes there’s some cool tech but the front end to me just isn’t there. gen 2 looks menacing…

I also don’t even have 19k miles on my gen 2 so I figure with all the upgrades I have now I’ll do mid travel and SVC 4 link down the road.

View attachment 318935
Love it. What is that bumper ? Yea Gen3 has some improvements, but one of them is NOT the front end

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The exhaust sounds better, the 5 link is the biggest upgrade IMO, and the looks are starting to grow on me, at least the front end. I’m still not a fan of how much the back sides of the flares poke out, they look like the add on flares people put on Fraptors. I’ll wait it out and likely upgrade in 3 years or so as new color options are released.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
Personally the Gen 3 doesn't move the needle enough for me to want to go through the time/cost/effort to trade in or sell my gen 2.

And I like the front end of the gen 2 much more.

Maybe. And a big maybe when the R comes out. But I'm sure to love that engine

I'm also not playing any dealer ADM games due to market conditions or the fact the gen 3 is a new model

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
When I bought my Raptor last year, I accomplished my goal of owning one. 1st Gen, 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen, doesn't matter to me. They're all bad ***

Gotta appreciate the TRX too. Amazing piece of machinery.

Chevy sucks
better check that. the new silverado is look pretty bad *** both inside and out. they needed to catch up big time.

and yeah, the disdain for the TRX on this forum is funny. I dig it.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
Yeah, well dont look at the TRX forums....lol

Alright, take a look..... ROFL

Don't get confused. For every person on any forum complaining there's a thousand that don't get on internet forums. People seek out forums either to find other fans of what they have, or to complain about an issue.

The vast majority do neither.

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
better check that. the new silverado is look pretty bad *** both inside and out. they needed to catch up big time.

and yeah, the disdain for the TRX on this forum is funny. I dig it.
Yeah but the ZR2 is a joke in terms of capability compared to the Raptor and the TRX. It looks better than the regular Silverado and the interior looks good but that’s about it. It still doesn’t compete with the Raptor or TRX imo.

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
Yeah but the ZR2 is a joke in terms of capability compared to the Raptor and the TRX. It looks better than the regular Silverado and the interior looks good but that’s about it. It still doesn’t compete with the Raptor or TRX imo.
ain't going to try debating a vehicle that isn't out yet or have any reviews on it.
point was, chevy has made a needed update