Gen 2 oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That diesel oil will for fact cause LSPI in DI engines. The G2 3.5 also has port injection that will help mitigate the issue but it still remains. The problem is caused by the excess(for gas engines) calcium utilized as a detergent to help clean the diesel fuel leftover crap.

Valid point. The newest API gasoline oils are designed mitigate the risk of LSPI. Obviously Diesel engines don’t experience that issue, so they aren’t going to factor that into the oil formulation.

API SP
Introduced in May 2020, designed to provide protection against low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI), timing chain wear protection, improved high temperature deposit protection for pistons and turbochargers, and more stringent sludge and varnish control.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What oil is everyone using? (I know, another loaded question). I have some T6 still from my F350 and didn't know if that would also work in the Gen 2s. Also, what diff oil as I am going to replace the rear cover.

Thanks for the advice.

Nex
Amsoil 5-30 signature series and their oil filter. Also use their rear diff lube

RapidRedGEN2DFW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 with a Wix SP filter. From everything I have read this is a good oil that won't break the bank like Boutique oils. My first choice would be Amsoil if I could get it for the same price as the Pennzoil.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how much you are paying for Pennzoil but if you pay the $25 a year for preferred membership at Amsoil it’s $10.69 a qt. I heard the Ferrari club uses Pennzoil Platinum is that seems like a good oil also.

22612B92-3AE6-4C03-827A-8CC3F4738F93.png