Gen 2 oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nex

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I ended up grabbing a case of Amsoil signature series. As well as their 75w-90 gear oil. I drive 3 hours each way to work so wanted the extra protection. Used to spending the money on T6 oil for the diesel anyways. So ...

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well that is the wrong weight oil for the truck. I use Schaefer’s 9000. I was using Amsoil but noticed a much quieter and smoother idling truck with the Schaefer’s.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend you refer to your owners manual for the answers to your questions.
Some hate to read, I recommend for semi blend and ford approved. You can waste your money on the others. But if you follow the ford maint your good.

WhoShotJR

Reaction score
Ravenol RSP 5W-30; Texas heat, high performance engine (my twin turbo V8 BMWs that I hammered on the Autobhanen in Germany for 7+ years are all alive and well with me now, all require an HTHS >3.5- among other requirements-oil to obtain BMW LL-01, Mercedes 229.5, VW 505.0 approvals). Expensive? relative question, but so are our trucks. Once I am out of warranty I will switch to Ravenol VST 5W-40. Look up Porsche A40 approval testing requirements. Baja racing cannot touch the RPM/engine stress a 911 hits on the Nurburgring. No offense to the semi-synthetic or wally world crowd (Bobistheoilguy members LOVE the place) but I sleep well at night. OCI of ~7k miles with Texas road running, Colorado mountain trail climbing, and Blackstone labs tested every oil change, excellent reports. Mahle filter as well. (and to preemptively attack the Redline crowd, I use it in my HD Twin Cam :)

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ravenol RSP 5W-30; Texas heat, high performance engine (my twin turbo V8 BMWs that I hammered on the Autobhanen in Germany for 7+ years are all alive and well with me now, all require an HTHS >3.5- among other requirements-oil to obtain BMW LL-01, Mercedes 229.5, VW 505.0 approvals). Expensive? relative question, but so are our trucks. Once I am out of warranty I will switch to Ravenol VST 5W-40. Look up Porsche A40 approval testing requirements. Baja racing cannot touch the RPM/engine stress a 911 hits on the Nurburgring. No offense to the semi-synthetic or wally world crowd (Bobistheoilguy members LOVE the place) but I sleep well at night. OCI of ~7k miles with Texas road running, Colorado mountain trail climbing, and Blackstone labs tested every oil change, excellent reports. Mahle filter as well. (and to preemptively attack the Redline crowd, I use it in my HD Twin Cam :)
Great Tip Andretti!

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brotella T6 5w40. I use it in every turbo vehicle I’ve owned with great results.
That diesel oil will for fact cause LSPI in DI engines. The G2 3.5 also has port injection that will help mitigate the issue but it still remains. The problem is caused by the excess(for gas engines) calcium utilized as a detergent to help clean the diesel fuel leftover crap.