Gen 2 oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge

Reaction score
I'm curious, if the dealer put in 10W30 when the manual calls for 5W30 Synthetic blend, can I tell the dealer to put back in the 5W30 at the next oil change? I change my oil every 5,000 miles and I noticed it on the invoice with the last oil change. I have a 2017 Raptor with 40,000 miles.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, if the dealer put in 10W30 when the manual calls for 5W30 Synthetic blend, can I tell the dealer to put back in the 5W30 at the next oil change? I change my oil every 5,000 miles and I noticed it on the invoice with the last oil change. I have a 2017 Raptor with 40,000 miles.
Why wait until the next oil change? They should correct it now...if you still trust them.

Jorge

Reaction score
Why wait until the next oil change? They should correct it now...if you still trust them.
I trust them it's just that the dealer is out of the way and it's a hassle to get to them. I also have to make an appointment so I figured I wait until the next oil change. I was just concern if driving around without the proper oil per the manual would create any issues in the future.

OP
OP
Nex

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I would call the dealer and talk with them. They might not do anything for you if you wait 5k miles.

Pinned

Reaction score
Any 5W30 full synthetic that meets the 946-B1 Ford spec and is SN Plus or better will be totally fine. If you're changing every 5k miles you'll be OK with any oil meeting that spec.

There is a lot of discussion about using "euro" oils with higher HTHS ratings in turbo engines for better shear resistance on longer oil changes - if you wanted to go for a longer oil change interval or the truck is seeing heavy boost usage in high temps then it might be worth finding an oil with a 3.5+ HTHS rating.

I've never had a problem with Amsoil, Redline, Royal Purple, etc but they don't test any better than any other SN Plus oil from Mobil, Castrol, etc. Often you can pick up great full synthetic oils that work for this truck (5W30 is awesome for that reason) for ~$30 for 6 quarts on sale. Makes it less painful to do frequent, 5k oil changes.