Gen 2 OE rear shocks on gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eastreich

Reaction score
Yes, I realize the shocks are longer, just wondering if there was a quick work around as far as trimming the bump stop that has been done succesfully. Do you happen to have a link to taller towers by chance? I did a quick google search the other day but didn't come up with anything. I am sure I could fab something, but I don't want to. lol.

I think it's funny that a bunch of guys here posted that the shocks work great. Kind of surprising.
KHC has the towers to fit the longer Gen2 shocks in the Gen1 trucks. That's what I've got on mine with the Gen2 Live Valves.

They probably do work great if you don't push it off road, and if your stock 2.5s were blown out anything would be an upgrade.

I'm LOVING the Live Valves. Can tighten them up for hustling around corners, at least as much as a tall sidewall KO2 will let you, or soften them up to float down the dirt.

Attachments

• 0502211657.jpg
    0502211657.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 77

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any difference between Live valve and NON live valve gen 2 rear shocks? REAR only.

There are two pairs available for me to choose.
1) 2018 non live valve in good condition, but will rebuild them anyways.
2) 2020 live valve. Live valve deleted (RPG delete kit) and re-gassed to 200psi.

Need some help to choose. Thanks!

SVTRap

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KHC has the towers to fit the longer Gen2 shocks in the Gen1 trucks. That's what I've got on mine with the Gen2 Live Valves.

They probably do work great if you don't push it off road, and if your stock 2.5s were blown out anything would be an upgrade.

I'm LOVING the Live Valves. Can tighten them up for hustling around corners, at least as much as a tall sidewall KO2 will let you, or soften them up to float down the dirt.
Nice to see someone else from Big Sky Country...were you able to get a controller to work with your shocks? That is pretty slick.

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured I would share this. So I found that with the SVC bump kit the shocks will max out. We remounted them correctly so I could achieve the extra 1.5 bump travel. Measurements are not perfect but looking at a total of 14.5 out back.
A75232D2-D23B-4809-A8CB-BAFA33133379.jpeg