Gen 2 OE rear shocks on gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so they are on. No major installation mods needed. Old springs and mounts used. He needed new upper control arms ball joints were bad. I deal with everyone at work...do u think anyone stocks control arms???? Lol no. Found some moog ones though thank god. So the control arms act exactly as the 2” level kit does. He was at 42 1/2” to the bottom of the wheel well and after the install was 42 1/2 exactly again. Axle is at the same angle and to be honest isn’t anywhere near at an angle as the f150s we have done leveling kits on. I attached some pictures and everything looks and fits great. We measured for travel limiter straps too so ordering them up just as a piece of insurance. I get my struts Monday so will install Wednesday.

999c1cbd8aa5f04efb973a4511c803c4.jpg

2c0460a18e59cf2f3ad38274c2eda749.jpg

0f56693795d2eb3e91de71330d19755b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were they running mid perch before these?

Roush2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He had a leveling kit on that someone did before he bought the truck. 2” spacer

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
80k miles with 2” spacer. Same shaft angle as with the 3.0’s

Cv’s are fine. Even with 525hp at the wheels

Cv's don't turn in 2wd when you are in the Starbucks drivethru. Do some off roading (in 4wd), full droop most definitely kills them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Roush2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cv's don't turn in 2wd when you are in the Starbucks drivethru. Do some off roading (in 4wd), full droop most definitely kills them

I was in the Starbucks drive through earlier getting a yummy double chocolaty chip and it was snowing so I put mine in 4wd and sure as shit the fronts were locked in and turning

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I removed my original reply to dickgobbler.

Your pathetic.

Yet you pm me threats...dude you got issues getting upset about a Starbucks comment.
Bottom line, hat spacers or gen 2 shocks on a gen 1 will kill your cv's. (If you don't have limiting straps)
Simple way to prove what im talking about. Take off your shocks and hook everything back up, now jack the center crossmember so your tires are off the ground (the cv's will reach there maximum and not allow the tires to drop anymore) now measure the distance between the hat mount and the lower shock mount...that distance is shorter than the gen 2 shock. I win, you can buy me a Ice caramel macchiato with coconut milk, just kidding, i take my coffee black