Gen 2 OE rear shocks on gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is stupid. I hope everyone that tries a straight swap goes and sends their truck just enough to get the wheels off the ground. Then you’ll see why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is stupid. I hope everyone that tries a straight swap goes and sends their truck just enough to get the wheels off the ground. Then you’ll see why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know people have said how just a straight swap wont work but have we seen anyone actually mess anything up yet?

kellyejh

Reaction score
Okay so i swapped out my rear gen 1 shocks for gen 2 strictly due to price new bump stops 270 and 480 for a pair of shocks( canadian dollars) 2 new rear shocks 1300 for gen 1's and rebuild wasnt an option due to time. But now that i Have the extra set i can get them rebuilt and ready to go.

After 500km the ride is like brand new maybe a little stiffer in the back. Note i do not jump my truck, it does see extremely rough back roads, gravel roads and a lot of pavement. So far i would recommend this mod to save$$$. IMG_2807.jpg IMG_2808.jpg IMG_2809.jpg IMG_2810.jpg IMG_2811.jpg IMG_2807.jpg