Gen 2 OE rear shocks on gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So finally thrashed my around. For limit straps I welded a tab on the frame next to strut tower, and then used the lower tie rod placement for the other end. Landing is great, ride is great. I went full bump and had zero issue. Did not rebound back off the ground, stayed planted and all was well!
If and when you can , can you get pics of the limit strap set up.

secretcitizen

Reaction score
So finally thrashed my around. For limit straps I welded a tab on the frame next to strut tower, and then used the lower tie rod placement for the other end. Landing is great, ride is great. I went full bump and had zero issue. Did not rebound back off the ground, stayed planted and all was well!

Pictures PLEASE! What straps and strap lengths did you use?

uh_oh_6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I’ll have pictures up some time next week!

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

So how will this work running 37”tires?

I am running 37s right now
Cooper discoverer STT PRO

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

And I went with 16 inch with a high mount placement to avoid brake lines and all. I’ll have pictures soon. I order tabs off of amazon I’ll attach a link for the tabs and straps I bought.

Tabs:
DOUBLE SHEER LIMIT STRAP TAB https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N07S4E0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_zTGyAbWDCXJ0R

Straps:
Latest Rage Suspension Limit Straps - 16" 2 Ply, Pair https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074XG265G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_eUGyAb6N2KC2G

mstennes

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance here, but what are the differences bewtween the Ford Fox 3.0’s and Fox 3.0’s bought from a dealer like RPG or SDHQ, other than price, and valving in RPG’s store?

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i dont know how in depth everyone has gone in here.

but the body size alone is enough to look and see you are not getting proper shock travel on a stock truck.

if you were lifted or aftermarket i could see this working well potentially. NOT on a stock truck stock travel.

uh_oh_6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know how in depth everyone has gone in here.

but the body size alone is enough to look and see you are not getting proper shock travel on a stock truck.

if you were lifted or aftermarket i could see this working well potentially. NOT on a stock truck stock travel.

Which you are right, but while using the gen1 springs which have a higher spring rate it pushes the truck up to mid perch if not a .5 inch taller. Calving May be a tad off, but it’s a good option for people wanting to save a buck. I haven’t had any issues at all.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which you are right, but while using the gen1 springs which have a higher spring rate it pushes the truck up to mid perch if not a .5 inch taller. Calving May be a tad off, but it’s a good option for people wanting to save a buck. I haven’t had any issues at all.

try jumping it.

hogwash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try jumping it.
I think if people are jumping with this setup then they are ill-informed. (I mean prerunner type jumping, which would of course benefit from a complete suspension upgrade)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk