Gen 2 OE rear shocks on gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted measurements in this thread a few pages back

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

I’ve been really happy with the ride so far with close to 300 miles on gen2 shocks all the way around

JP did you put on any limit straps?

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess my big concern is if these shock bodies are longer, when you bottom out completely are you now bottoming out on the shock as opposed to the appropriate bump stop?

uh_oh_6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess my big concern is if these shock bodies are longer, when you bottom out completely are you now bottoming out on the shock as opposed to the appropriate bump stop?

We tested this on mine, that’s why we trimmed the bump stop to make sure it’s appropriate for the height.

uh_oh_6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I went and bashed it around, not jumping yet because of no straps. But holy cow, the ride Is incredible. Way way better than stock. Absorbs the bumps better, recovers better.

And honestly a softer ride than before but stiff enough when it needs to be. It’s raised my truck roughly 1.75 inches in the front overall.

Overall I would give this a 8/10 with gen1 springs and top hats V.S. the gen2 springs and top hats.

Very very pleased.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I went and bashed it around, not jumping yet because of no straps. But holy cow, the ride Is incredible. Way way better than stock. Absorbs the bumps better, recovers better.

And honestly a softer ride than before but stiff enough when it needs to be. It’s raised my truck roughly 1.75 inches in the front overall.

Overall I would give this a 8/10 with gen1 springs and top hats V.S. the gen2 springs and top hats.

Very very pleased.

That’s what I like to hear sir.
Easy mod like this and affordable
Well it’s gonna make it easier to keep my old Betsy 2012
On the road at least 10 years.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Ok just had a whiskey.
And pulled the credit card trigger and ordered my fronts. F ! Yeah!
Old Betsy is gonna love this

Last edited:

Aaleck

Reaction score
So short story... buy shocks, change the top hat and springs from the old shocks and switch them over and install. On full extended (jumping) the springs make contact with the UCA, to stop this buy limiting straps and install. Back shocks just bolt right in. Any other issues that may arise from this? Where would the straps be installed at?

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So short story... buy shocks, change the top hat and springs from the old shocks and switch them over and install. On full extended (jumping) the springs make contact with the UCA, to stop this buy limiting straps and install. Back shocks just bolt right in. Any other issues that may arise from this? Where would the straps be installed at?

As far as I can tell. Yes. Rears are no prob too. Straps are still yet to be the installed on any truck yet. But street driving should be ok until straps are on.

uh_oh_6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not had any issue with daily driving. Love the feel these thing have.