Gen 2 Noise? Front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unoid

Reaction score
Gen 2 2018
It's not the Cam phasers. Some other motor noise like an actuator or DC motor activating every 1 second.
I can't remember how long it's been making this DC motor clicking noise. Usually at startup it'll idle and continue to make this clicking noise.

Perhaps it's the Intercooler shutters being activated on and off?

Video File: https://ufile.io/iw50iztc

Last edited:

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not the shutters they are super slow. It's a vacuum block, t-fitting, distribution fitting, not for sure the technical name but if you look right beside the brake booster you will see it. At low RPM with very little vacuum, it ticks a little. Especially if you have done anything like a CAI or BOV. If you pinch the vacuum line with your fingers it will quit or off idle it quits. It's weird. Just to the left of the brake booster almost on top of the valve cover.

OP
OP
U

Unoid

Reaction score
It's not the shutters they are super slow. It's a vacuum block, t-fitting, distribution fitting, not for sure the technical name but if you look right beside the brake booster you will see it. At low RPM with very little vacuum, it ticks a little. Especially if you have done anything like a CAI or BOV. If you pinch the vacuum line with your fingers it will quit or off idle it quits. It's weird. Just to the left of the brake booster almost on top of the valve cover.
I'll try that out.

OP
OP
U

Unoid

Reaction score
Also is this something I should point out and get fixed under warranty? big issue or a common harmless thing?

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also is this something I should point out and get fixed under warranty? big issue or a common harmless thing?
Mine became more pronounced after modifications so I don't have any problem with it, I don't know your setup. Remember on the old, old john deeres, the johnny poppers, they had that metal flap over the end of the exhaust pipe and it flapped up and down with each stroke? That's how mine acts under no load. I think it's a diaphragm that just flaps in and out with each vacuum pulse until you get more vacuum built up. Which, mine is lower from mods. I think they all have a bit of a tick over there but if it bugs you and it's under warranty, take it in!