Gen 2 new member NY !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick0721

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2017 Black with the orange accent interior. I haven't seen too many with that color but she really stands out. As I'm easing into the modifications the first on the list is a CAI along with a COBB access port. Between a few brands (Roush, aFe, S&B) but figured I'd see what the majority of you guys are running. Also saw mention of a transmission tune to go along with the access port so I'd appreciate some input on that as well. Looking forward to the countless hours and sleepless nights I'll be spending on research and threads.

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
Nick0721

Nick0721

Reaction score
I've seen Goosetuned come up quite a few times on here with nothing but positive feedback, they seem like the go-to option!

As for plans for the truck, its a blank canvass... the exterior mods will be along the lines of some hood and fog lights and go from there. I brought this truck home less than 24 hours ago and I can't stop staring out the window or looking for an excuse to take it for a spin. I don't think the novelty will ever wear off.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
That feeling will stay with you.

You can call John at https://specialtyperformanceparts.com/ for help with lights. He makes great harnesses that make installation into factory wiring an ease. I would look at Baja Design lights over Rigid.

Read through some of the other member's build threads. Will help give you some ideas and direction for the truck. If you have any questions, just ask and someone will be able to help you out.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius
#BlackRaptorsMatter

I see you have the moon roof. Make sure it’s lubed, optimally with Ford’s Krytox grease to avoid breaking the tracks.
- always pop it to vent position first. If you want to move the glass rearward, close, then open to the rear. This breaks any stiction between the glass and rubber seal before trying to move the glass rearward.
if the glass doesn’t get moved often it can stick to the rubber and if you try to move the glass rearward it will break the track.

Find a dirt road or something to cover that tire shine too. The other Raptors will laugh at yours with tire shine. ;-)

jchap711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I have the stage 2 Cobb tune with goosetune PCM and TCM. what a beast of a truck. Absolute must have in my opinion. First thing I’d do if I were you is get some protection on that black paint. Ceramic or PPF. I turned down a dealer order on a gen 3 at mspr because it was black. Good luck and have fun.

Rico2

Reaction score
Welcome to place and congrats on the new purchase!

@smurfslayer is absolutely correct. This is a must for recommended maintenance. I actually just did my wife's and my moonroof this weekend. Put a little Krytox on the rear slider as well, just to keep that from sticking.

Keep us updated on the build and enjoy.