GEN 2 Gen 2 more problematic than Gen 1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had two gen 1s and currently have a gen2 and a gen 1. Both have had their issues, but so far nothing major. 2020 had an iwe problem but warranty covered it. Ill say this; I just purchased an esp plan through flood Ford because even though these trucks are reliable, they can be expensive to repair. Turbos, transmission, electronics, led lights, etc get expensive quick. I'm a dedicated ford guy and I have faith that my esp plan may end up being a waste of money,I'm but I'm covering my behind just in case. By the way, I really like my gen 2, minus the exhaust note and the rear springs.

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've put 20k miles on my 2018 since I bought it in Jan '22.
Other than the cam phasers developing the rattle, just replaced and silent again, truck has had zero issues.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 2018 and a 2020. The 2019-2020 is the way to go in my opinion. I always felt it rode a lot better with the new shocks. As far as reliability is concerned I never had a single issue with either of them. I sold the 2018 with 55k miles and the 20 with 31k miles.