Gen 2 Lift Kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueGoliath96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my Gen 1 Raptor with 3-inch lift with 37x12.50 r17 mickey Thompson’s Bajas Glass fenders 2 inch front and rear , also Aftermarket fox 3.0s , +
Ps I’ve got +2 Deavers on the rear sitting on 1 1/4 inch f150 Blocks , No Lift kit was installed no cutting etc , Just Adjust coilovers preload to Top perch or above that just a bit , I really want to go higher than that and install 38-39s but I’ve been told am at my limit [emoji28] the Cab height is at 81.5 or 82 somewhere around that

928d957b1c65c78ce82979816749fd81.jpg

bc5f9d9025420f3201a6efeeb8b3d39a.jpgc377cbee126fc8b58be96ff15a19fcf1.jpg

593f7fc2d511c872962fec7da8a9b00f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the street and mild off-road it's probably fine but the lift kit (aka sub-frame stilt) is a weak point if you hit it hard off road. Bolting the 4" frame extension to the existing sub-frame which then connects to the LCA's will cause extra unwanted leverage on the original bolt locations of the frame (where the lift bracket connects to the truck). There is really no way around this using most drop bracket style lift kits. All depends on what you use your truck for though.

On a side note bigger tires with new fenders and bedsides would yield more ground clearance than a lift kit since you're not dealing with the frame extension.

This truck has Deberti fenders, new leafs and adjustable coilovers.

Man, I love this truck, I wish I could afford those mods!

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is my Gen 1 Raptor with 3-inch lift with 37x12.50 r17 mickey Thompson’s Bajas Glass fenders 2 inch front and rear , also Aftermarket fox 3.0s , +
Ps I’ve got +2 Deavers on the rear sitting on 1 1/4 inch f150 Blocks , No Lift kit was installed no cutting etc , Just Adjust coilovers preload to Top perch or above that just a bit , I really want to go higher than that and install 38-39s but I’ve been told am at my limit

Technically, your rear lift is coming from the 1 1/4" rear blocks since the Deaver +2s keep it at the factory height when you remove the Raptor 2" blocks. :smile:

It looks great and I really like the SCAB look on the Gen 1s! :biggrin:

BlueGoliath96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Technically, your rear lift is coming from the 1 1/4" rear blocks since the Deaver +2s keep it at the factory height when you remove the Raptor 2" blocks. :smile:

It looks great and I really like the SCAB look on the Gen 1s! :biggrin:

Thanks ! And I am thinking of replacing the 1 1/4 inch block with the factory 2 inch block but I don’t want any driveline vibration cause of the angles it nets

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can easily do a 4" lift with the factory shocks or even go over to coil overs. I have a 4 in on mine and the truck rides and handles better than stock. Given I have changed everything on the front and rear end to accommodate the additional power I have as well. It all comes down to how much do you want to spend to build it correctly. To get it handling and driving correct you do need to change more than just a lift kit. Also I have 37x 13.5 Toyo Open Country on min to add to the additional ground clearance.

You will find almost everyone on here giving you shit for it but they are all their own opinions. Build your truck however you like. PM me if you want all the details on what you will need to build your suspension correctly.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9jv4fH2JViDbKTK68

Here is the difference between stock vs a 4in lift for you to decide.

If possible, send me a PM with how to get this done correctly using as much of the stock components as possible. My goal is to safely and correctly lift the truck 4 to 6 inches, hopefully not drop a ton of cash, and have a similar to softer ride.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If possible, send me a PM with how to get this done correctly using as much of the stock components as possible. My goal is to safely and correctly lift the truck 4 to 6 inches, hopefully not drop a ton of cash, and have a similar to softer ride.

Brad has done a good job with his truck, but I am pretty sure he DID drop a ton of cash on his... :biggrin:

BlueGoliath96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I can do something properly at a reasonable price, then I am game. Hopefully there is a solution out there that meets that criteria.

I wouldn’t think you could go 5-6 inches of lift with stock components , I’ve asked about this many times even with stock Replacement aftermarket UCA and LCA .. that’s why I don’t like the look of the stock raptor , you have to go with the traditional drop bracket lift kit either from Bds or Fabtech , it will still retain all the factory components just to get these CV shafts at at the correct angle , MAYBE you could get extra lift and (am not sure about this ) when you install a mid - long travel kit with much more track width and travel although as I said not sure about this

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brad has done a good job with his truck, but I am pretty sure he DID drop a ton of cash on his... :biggrin:

You got that right, still adding up invoices. Damn thing has turned into a money pit. LOL

I spoke with Jeff today and gave him the run down on everything with mine and any issues we had. Hopefully he is good to go now.