Gen 2 Lift Kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. It will take time, but I will eventually get the idea of having a lifted Raptor out of my head. The places where I typically take other toys to go off-roading in my area would definitely go a lot smoother in the Raptor with more ground clearance. If I could have added a 4 to 6" lift with bigger tires and retained the great Raptor suspension, I would definitely do it to my wife's dismay (she would probably forgive me :).

No lift kit will increase your ground clearance. The only way to increase the ground clearance is to increase the tire diameter. You can have Raptor suspension or a 4-6" lifted truck but you can have both. You can lift 1-2" up front easy enough but without larger diameter tire you do not gain any ground clearance.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. It will take time, but I will eventually get the idea of having a lifted Raptor out of my head. The places where I typically take other toys to go off-roading in my area would definitely go a lot smoother in the Raptor with more ground clearance. If I could have added a 4 to 6" lift with bigger tires and retained the great Raptor suspension, I would definitely do it to my wife's dismay (she would probably forgive me :).

You really might be happy with Deavers +3 and Geiser fronts....

at a bare minimum, the stock raptor needs a 1.5 or 2.25" level

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You can easily do a 4" lift with the factory shocks or even go over to coil overs. I have a 4 in on mine and the truck rides and handles better than stock. Given I have changed everything on the front and rear end to accommodate the additional power I have as well. It all comes down to how much do you want to spend to build it correctly. To get it handling and driving correct you do need to change more than just a lift kit. Also I have 37x 13.5 Toyo Open Country on min to add to the additional ground clearance.

You will find almost everyone on here giving you shit for it but they are all their own opinions. Build your truck however you like. PM me if you want all the details on what you will need to build your suspension correctly.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9jv4fH2JViDbKTK68

Here is the difference between stock vs a 4in lift for you to decide.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can easily do a 4" lift with the factory shocks or even go over to coil overs. I have a 4 in on mine and the truck rides and handles better than stock. Given I have changed everything on the front and rear end to accommodate the additional power I have as well. It all comes down to how much do you want to spend to build it correctly. To get it handling and driving correct you do need to change more than just a lift kit. Also I have 37x 13.5 Toyo Open Country on min to add to the additional ground clearance.

You will find almost everyone on here giving you shit for it but they are all their own opinions. Build your truck however you like. PM me if you want all the details on what you will need to build your suspension correctly.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9jv4fH2JViDbKTK68

Here is the difference between stock vs a 4in lift for you to decide.

For the street and mild off-road it's probably fine but the lift kit (aka sub-frame stilt) is a weak point if you hit it hard off road. Bolting the 4" frame extension to the existing sub-frame which then connects to the LCA's will cause extra unwanted leverage on the original bolt locations of the frame (where the lift bracket connects to the truck). There is really no way around this using most drop bracket style lift kits. All depends on what you use your truck for though.

On a side note bigger tires with new fenders and bedsides would yield more ground clearance than a lift kit since you're not dealing with the frame extension.

This truck has Deberti fenders, new leafs and adjustable coilovers.

Attachments

• SIX OR Forged Grey Orange 2.jpg
    SIX OR Forged Grey Orange 2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 104
  • SIX OR Forged Grey Orange 3.png
    SIX OR Forged Grey Orange 3.png
    769.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Image-1.png
    Image-1.png
    882.6 KB · Views: 94

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It depends what you call mild offroad or what you refer to offroad as. Offroad to most on here is dirt and open desert. Offroad for where I have my Raptor is deep water and mud. Without a lift and larger tires you are dragging frame, hanging up on ruts, or having you motor swamped out. Building a desert runner as what you have shown is useless where I run mine. For the sub frame change out it all depends how you go about it. I have done extensive modification to my subframe and suspension that is capable of both should I need it. I also needed the extra enforcement on my suspension is to handle the additional power being put down. The stock set up had way too much wheel hop in the rear and need the heavy duty support in the front for the terrain.

All comes down to how you want to use the truck.

RaptArAz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, off-road to me is when I accidentally drive two tires off the driveway into the grass.

I hate when that shit happens. Then you gots to hop out and wipe down any crap that got on your truck.

I don't like that bs because then a break a sweat and my flat bill hat gets dirty. But it's cool, I stay hydrated with my big ass monster energy drink riding shotgun.

If I'm feeling really macho though I throw in a dip and say **** it.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, off-road to me is when I accidentally drive two tires off the driveway into the grass.

**** mud, mud sucks. Avoid that shit at all cost.

I don't have a choice living in South East Texas and South West Louisiana. Shit is everywhere and deep. Have no problem getting through. having the Raptor Ceramic Coated does make it a bit easier to clean.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xCaB5ZUtqq7M81Y39

This is how my day starts sometimes.