Gen 2 Issues/Dislikes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viss17

Reaction score
I'm on the same page as you....I like everything about it too, including the sound. With the way this thing accelerates and handles compared to my gen1, I could care less if it didn't make any sound at all...lol! The front end is nicer, seats are better, wheels are nicer, bed is better, sync, dashboard layout, and everything else....it's better in every way. This is the best looking pickup ever made. I sometimes go out to the garage just to look at it....lol! Can't wait to take it on a road trip instead of just driving it around town....

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I haven't really taken this thing anywhere but from home to work and back for the past 3 weeks. Pretty lame I know. I have a place 3.5 hours north where I will be able to test it off road and I cannot wait. And yes ironically I go out the the garage and look at it as well. Ha!
Enjoy this amazing vehicle!

OP
OP
J

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To recap my experience with my 17 Raptor, I have had issues with feeling a slight jerking motion when hitting the gas. The first time I took it to the dealer, they showed a misfire in cylinder #6 and kept the truck 8 days trying to get to the root cause, which they never really figured out. As a best guess, they replaced the spark plug hoping that might be the problem, but as it turns out, that wasn't it. I thought the jerking motion might be due to the transmission shifting up too early, but I confirmed yesterday morning by putting my car in manual mode (so the truck couldn't shift up and down on its own) that the light jerking isn't RPM related. I was able to duplicate the same feeling at 60 MPH in a variety of gears at different RPMs. As a result of such, I took a Ford Tech for a ride yesterday and he fully agrees that something isn't right. They checked to see if the truck was throwing any codes, but fortunately/unfortunately it isn't. I will keep everybody posted on what I learn if/when they eventually fix the problem.

I just received a call from my dealership and they are now using a series of microphones positioned in various places on the truck in conjunction with some other electronic equipment to try and get to the root cause. Hopefully this works and they are able to find the source of the juddering when accelerating or maintaining a constant speed.

Last edited:

DLaw0522

Reaction score
They haven't addressed my wind noise issue yet but I'm betting it might be related to my door handle. I noticed a blue gasket or wire that looks a little out of place. Below is a picture of my drivers door handle.

D3CA2777-4CAC-47A1-9DA3-EA1867FAA640_zpsq07mdsom.jpg
Anyone else have this issue with the door handle and blue wire? Anybody get an answer or solution? I just discovered the exact same thing in my passenger door handle.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have this issue with the door handle and blue wire? Anybody get an answer or solution? I just discovered the exact same thing in my passenger door handle.

As I told KingRanch on the original thread, There is no gasket shown in the shop manual, but the wiring diagram shows a Blue/Green wire going down to the door handle for 'illumination'. One possibility is that this wire got pinched when the door handle was installed.

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Evidently it was a misplaced gasket. Below is a copy of my repair order with the tech notes; this didn't solve my wind noise issue but the handle sits flush now.

2C4F0F62-22FB-4766-94C7-215E24490AEA_zpsanllc3ag.jpg

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evidently it was a misplaced gasket. Below is a copy of my repair order with the tech notes; this didn't solve my wind noise issue but the handle sits flush now.

Excellent, glad you had it taken care of, and now we know what the door handle issue is.

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2C4F0F62-22FB-4766-94C7-215E24490AEA_zpsanllc3ag.jpg

My front passenger door handle has the exact same issue. It goes in Monday morning for this fix.