Gen 2 Ingot Silver thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had originally ordered white until I saw a silver one in person. Called the next day and changed my order. I wouldn't have been too disappointed if for some reason I couldn't change it and ended up with white but I think the silver looks much better in person than it does online, especially better than it looks on ford's build your own website. According to raptorfinder.com, I also saw that there were fewer than 900 made in silver so far, and less than 700 in a SCREW while there are more than 2,500 that have been made in white. So, for me I thought the silver looked better and the color is more rare among the 2017 Raptors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, silver looks better in person. it has a nice balance of paint and black surfaces for contrast (as does white). I was also surprised that silver was least common, youd think its a pretty normal color.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I'm sticking with Ingot! Can't wait to see it

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so went wheeling in the raptor for the first time yesterday. It did great! Other than scraping the running boards regularly, and an odd ding or two on the skids, the truck did surprisingly well for a rock crawling trip in the tiny North East trails. Yes, breakover is an issue and the width even more so, but neither was a deal breaker.

7BKP5dCXGypdhlH5CEcWeAP-XOICt_BOP3Vb9uBLWleT2P3ls4.jpg

ARAX0sR1Bb4exeGr0mf81gIM-vyj7WJHcKgAd6-yn-m04hV7pU.jpg

ExhcOMxNTNIVIv2QUhipzS0u6GENvJu4OKXwsl9omvzLPwpBUs.jpg

6QB7pU-QVNxdG0fTKL-IDxzrQNJSBnc7V4kiruuhqzNNBxL-5c.jpg

I ran into an Avalanche this past weekend. Since this is an Ingot Silver thread, I'll say it :) I am glad I went with the silver. The matte look of the Avalanche (on the left in photo below) and the general look isn't that impressive in real life. I think Avalanche shows better in photos than in real life and I think Ingot Silver is the opposite.

MXqAeg6cZuSsixA0CkDVMk8kRn4KGjAXXwcsqicuSDsM3z57GQ.jpg

Last edited:

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.... The matte finish of the Avalanche (on the left in photo below) and the general look isn't that impressive in real life. I think Avalanche shows better in photos than in real life and I think Ingot Silver is the opposite.

Just FYI, but Ford does not produce ANY vehicles in a "matte" finish. Not sure how you came to that conclusion. AG is a GLOSS finish, just like every other color offered by Ford. AG is a non-metalic paint, just like Shadow Black.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, but Ford does not produce ANY vehicles in a "matte" finish. Not sure how you came to that conclusion. AG is a GLOSS finish, just like every other color offered by Ford. AG is a non-metalic paint, just like Shadow Black.

OK I may have mis-spoken. I get it, it may not be truly a matte finish. But AG just looks very dull in real life, and there isn't as much 'pop' to it like a silver. Of course, this is all just my opinion, and I am posting in my Ingot Silver thread where everyone is biased anyway :)

That's what I really meant, thanks for the catch.

Last edited:

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In pic 16 is that a decal down the side of whole truck ? Looks like the hood is different color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran into an Avalanche this past weekend. Since this is an Ingot Silver thread, I'll say it :) I am glad I went with the silver. The matte look of the Avalanche (on the left in photo below) and the general look isn't that impressive in real life. I think Avalanche shows better in photos than in real life and I think Ingot Silver is the opposite.

I have to agree with that. Neither color photographs accurately. Avalanche always looks a lot whiter in photos than it is in real life, which to me is more of a battleship grey. Photos of the silver always make the trim look much darker than it does in real life, almost black; and photos don't capture the varying reflections off of the paint.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with that. Neither color photographs accurately. Avalanche always looks a lot whiter in photos than it is in real life, which to me is more of a battleship grey. Photos of the silver always make the trim look much darker than it does in real life, almost black; and photos don't capture the varying reflections off of the paint.

Agreed. I hadn't seen AG in person until i showed up at the dealership to do paperwork. It looked almost white in photos but very much gray on the cloudy day i bought it. Love how it varies depending on the lighting.