GEN 2 - Fuel pressure issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikehawncho

Reaction score
Recently have been having a random fuel pressure issue at start up after the truck has been sitting overnight. The engine will take about 7-8 seconds of turning over before it cranks up, once it starts it running normal. The Ford app sends me a notification stating the “fuel control system is having trouble achieving the required fuel pressure to start the vehicle” but it doesn’t give a check engine light. It does not do this every morning, for the past few months it’s only done it a handful of times until this week. Happened twice this week. Any ideas? There was another member of the forum that was getting the same notification from the Ford app, but I am unable to find that thread again. Paging @FordTechOne

Attachments

• 2178861F-CF8B-4EEF-B9A0-E55AC5881069.png
    2178861F-CF8B-4EEF-B9A0-E55AC5881069.png
    225.7 KB · Views: 14

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have ForScan? You would need to retrieve DTCs to get a better idea of which system is affected (high or low) and the fault that is occurring.

OP
OP
mikehawncho

mikehawncho

Reaction score
Do you have ForScan? You would need to retrieve DTCs to get a better idea of which system is affected (high or low) and the fault that is occurring.
I’ve never used ForScan. I will download it this evening and see what I can find out. If you had to guess, what would you guess is causing the issue?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve never used ForScan. I will download it this evening and see what I can find out. If you had to guess, what would you guess is causing the issue?
There are a lot of possibilities, but with the extended crank before starting, it sounds like the fuel pump check valve may be allowing fuel to drain back from the lines.

You’ll need a compatible adapter for ForScan as well, they list them on their website.

OP
OP
mikehawncho

mikehawncho

Reaction score
I was able to pull the DTCs and it came up with “P1035 - Cylinder 3 fuel injector heater circuit high”. Any ideas?

Attachments

• ACB2A569-D3DC-4B11-9AE2-D4EE262072E2.png
    ACB2A569-D3DC-4B11-9AE2-D4EE262072E2.png
    314 KB · Views: 10

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting; that is not a valid DTC, as these trucks don’t have fuel injector heaters. Has the truck been tuned?

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you pull the DTC? Forscan should give you the description. I show P1035 could also be something with the crankshaft position sensor

OP
OP
mikehawncho

mikehawncho

Reaction score
How did you pull the DTC? Forscan should give you the description. I show P1035 could also be something with the crankshaft position sensor
I have an OBD2 scanner that also reads DTC’s - albeit somewhat questionably it seems.

OP
OP
mikehawncho

mikehawncho

Reaction score
Interesting; that is not a valid DTC, as these trucks don’t have fuel injector heaters. Has the truck been tuned?
Two new codes today. Idling at a light in traffic the engine dropped to 400-500rpm but didn’t die. Went into limp mode.

P0011

P0016