Gen 2 ford raptor wider fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello i m looking to replace my gen 2 front fenders, but the companies i have contacted fenders will not come pre drilled.
Anyone there with pre drilled fenders
-Advfiberglass, does not come pre drilled.
-Fiberwerx, does not come pre drilled.

-boatec for gen 2 raptor?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
hello i m looking to replace my gen 2 front fenders, but the companies i have contacted fenders will not come pre drilled.
Anyone there with pre drilled fenders
-Advfiberglass, does not come pre drilled.
-Fiberwerx, does not come pre drilled.

-boatec for gen 2 raptor?

nothing will come "predrilled" due to differences in tolerances.

Most of the fenders have a relief where the bolts should go so you can cleco them in the right spots, adjust, then drill for the fender bolts.

bedsides are an entirely different story. Not incredibly difficult, but can be intimidating if youve never done it before.

it takes most experienced shops 6ish hours to rough fit fenders and bedsides. After that, trucks generally get sent to a body shop for final fitment and paint. ( which the cost can vary significantly based on fender quality and the level of finish that you're requesting. )

From what I have heard, fiberwerx fenders, in particular the deberti fenders, take quite a bit more work to achieve a factory finish and factory gaps when compared to other options like ADV.

I went CF from battleborn engineering, as the quality is much better than glass and I like the look more than ADV's options, but battleborn engineering is no longer producing them.

OP
OP
C

canamds450

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Most of the fenders have a relief where the bolts should go so you can cleco them in the right spots, adjust, then drill for the fender bolts.

bedsides are an entirely different story. Not incredibly difficult, but can be intimidating if youve never done it before.

it takes most experienced shops 6ish hours to rough fit fenders and bedsides. After that, trucks generally get sent to a body shop for final fitment and paint. ( which the cost can vary significantly based on fender quality and the level of finish that you're requesting. )

From what I have heard, fiberwerx fenders, in particular the deberti fenders, take quite a bit more work to achieve a factory finish and factory gaps when compared to other options like ADV.

I went CF from battleborn engineering, as the quality is much better than glass and I like the look more than ADV's options, but battleborn engineering is no longer producing them.

Thanks for the info, not sure, but boatec used to be the best option for the gen 1 yeara ago.

This is my gen 1 truck with glassworks a pain on the installation.
on my gen 2 i want to be bolt on as possible

39C68D77-57EA-4D1F-8A7C-DF009DF96C30.jpeg

hwyman103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Boatec fenders that are pre-drilled available if you’re interested. They’re new, never installed.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I thought fiberwerx was producing battleborns stuff? I was planning on going with same set as yours since knew that were great quality. Man I hope someone can point us to an option as good as your set from somebody. No way I’m going to pay the Carbon premium for a crappy product!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I thought fiberwerx was producing battleborns stuff? I was planning on going with same set as yours since knew that were great quality. Man I hope someone can point us to an option as good as your set from somebody. No way I’m going to pay the Carbon premium for a crappy product!

QC issues. you might want to check with Robby if he's found someone new to produce them for him.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QC issues. you might want to check with Robby if he's found someone new to produce them for him.

I talked with him today. Fiberwerx is still producing for him with no problems. Only issue was Fiberwerx let a guy that wasn’t their A line of A, B, & C quality parts make some that had to be returned which won’t happen again. Fiberwerx only has one person making the A line so tried letting B line guy move up if could do it and proved that he couldn’t do it at that point in time with Robby’s stuff. Maybe he has moved up by now who knows but they assured Robby no more issues and if there are any they will be made right which is all that matters.

Fenders should come from Robby’s shop to end buyer so it would have to get overlooked by both QC at Fiberwerx and by Robby who I understand to be very picky.

Just thought I would share as I talked with him for almost an hour tonight. Really down to earth nice guy who loves his products!!!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I talked with him today. Fiberwerx is still producing for him with no problems. Only issue was Fiberwerx let a guy that wasn’t their A line of A, B, & C quality parts make some that had to be returned which won’t happen again. Fiberwerx only has one person making the A line so tried letting B line guy move up if could do it and proved that he couldn’t do it at that point in time with Robby’s stuff. Maybe he has moved up by now who knows but they assured Robby no more issues and if there are any they will be made right which is all that matters.

Fenders should come from Robby’s shop to end buyer so it would have to get overlooked by both QC at Fiberwerx and by Robby who I understand to be very picky.

Just thought I would share as I talked with him for almost an hour tonight. Really down to earth nice guy who loves his products!!!

glad to hear it! I'll be 100% honest, I probably would not go CF again. ( in fact I'm switching to glass this time around). If youre going to beat on the truck, CF will crack and wear just like glass. Glass is like 1/3rd the price.

Even with the CF showing in spots, most folks thought that the CF portions were stickers anyway.

If i was building something that I'd spend more time looking at than beating on, I'd go CF again. But replacing bodywork at 4 grand every 3-4 runs isnt something I'm super keen on and I dont have a body panel sponsor to help offset.

I would not have expected that the CF would crack as mine has, but I also am not complaining being that I have never been nice to it. It is just not for me.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to hear it! I'll be 100% honest, I probably would not go CF again. ( in fact I'm switching to glass this time around). If youre going to beat on the truck, CF will crack and wear just like glass. Glass is like 1/3rd the price.

Even with the CF showing in spots, most folks thought that the CF portions were stickers anyway.

If i was building something that I'd spend more time looking at than beating on, I'd go CF again. But replacing bodywork at 4 grand every 3-4 runs isnt something I'm super keen on and I dont have a body panel sponsor to help offset.

I would not have expected that the CF would crack as mine has, but I also am not complaining being that I have never been nice to it. It is just not for me.

Yep! Your situation is completely different for sure and wish I could do what you’re doing in my truck but that just isn’t possible where I live. I also can’t just up and leave my family to go out on super long trips to enjoy it like you do either. My wife did agree to take at least one trip out west with the kids to go off roasting properly in a desert but have a feeling even though the kids will love it, it just won’t be something can do frequently. I’ll be lucky to get two trips out west with the kids is my bet but who knows maybe will make it a tradition at some point.

You need something that can have sitting around to spray and replace quick and easy that also has nice lines. As long as the style is nice then that’s all that matters after ease of prep/install. Painting is super easy for stuff like that if you haven’t ever tried it. But then again if you stock up on some and have them sprayed it wouldn’t cost all that much. That would certainly be much cheaper than carbon anyway.

I’ll be looking at my truck way more than rubbing it up against brush. Tall fescue is about the limit of rough contact I’ll get around here on the farm. Guess a ram could always decide to butt the truck lol but doubtful with the stock as of now.

We used to have a mean angus that literally had a grudge against trucks and had to take our old Toyota into the field he was grazing when checking cattle because he would just attack the truck at any given time. Was craziest bull I’ve ever seen or owned for sure. I think it totaled four different trucks before we started requiring the Toyota be used if checking in it’s pasture. That old 70/80s model 4x4 Toyota took a butt’n and kept on ticking up until we finally left it out in a field to die back around 2000. Ran perfect but that was it’s only compliment. Heck I don’t even remember what model it was because it most likely wasn’t marked anywhere by the time I was old enough to drive and pay attention to that type of stuff. I did learn how to drive in it though. It was manual and different enough from a tractor or army Jeep that I was capable of driving on the streets by 8-9 years old. Born in 1978 for context.

Ok enough rambling but your fenders getting beating from having fun really reminded me of that crazy black angus.

Last edited: