Gen 2 for Gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmundy41

Reaction score
Hey guys need some help. I have a 2018 pretty much loaded with 67k miles on it & located in NC. I am thinking of selling/trading in to dealership and ordering a gen 3. Highest offer I've received so far is $58k. I feel like this is a pretty good price for the current market. What do you guys think?

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're the only one who can answer this question. It's your money you can do whatever you want with it. Do you think that's a fair value based on current market rates? Do you have the money? Do you need the money? Have you tried private sale? Do you have another car to drive, you might not get a Gen 3 until next year? Do you have a dealer with an allocation willing to put an order in? Lots of factors to think of and I don't really know if I can answer if $58k is good price based on your situation.

Last edited:

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked some sites like Vroom and had a much higher offer for my 2018, but I have less than half the mileage yours does.

OP
OP
J

jmundy41

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I think I've decided to sell but it appears I've waited too long to custom order a 2021...

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I think I've decided to sell but it appears I've waited too long to custom order a 2021..
you could call around to some dealers to see if they have any orders in that are not taken but watch for adms

OP
OP
J

jmundy41

Reaction score
Yessir I've been in contact with a few so far and most are spoken for, but one dealer has 4 different ones coming in but won't let me custom order one of them. I'll keep trying.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yessir I've been in contact with a few so far and most are spoken for, but one dealer has 4 different ones coming in but won't let me custom order one of them. I'll keep trying.
at this point if you want one you might have to take whatever a dealer has ordered that is not spoken for

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at this point if you want one you might have to take whatever a dealer has ordered that is not spoken for
I am sure that once these are built there will be few people backing out. I would say some custom orders may turn into stock orders. Especially if these people here are seriously so impatient that they are going to go buy TRXs like they keep saying they are.