Gen 2 for Gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jmundy41

Reaction score
At first I didn't really care 35 vs 37 but the more I look, the more I want 37 and built one online in velocity blue. Now I'm set on getting one like my exact build. My mistake lol. I don't mind to wait but if waiting for 22 orders, any idea on when those would be on the lots?

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At first I didn't really care 35 vs 37 but the more I look, the more I want 37 and built one online in velocity blue. Now I'm set on getting one like my exact build. My mistake lol. I don't mind to wait but if waiting for 22 orders, any idea on when those would be on the lots?
Not sure you will see a lot of 37s on lots for MY21. They seem to be limited production.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I WOULD SAY IF YOU CAN GET ONE IT WOULD BE PROBABLY JAN OR FEB

Honeybadger_Zero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decent offer. I think I’ve seen better pricing but last I looked was awhile ago. More importantly is finding a dealer that will sell one for msrp. Otherwise doesn’t matter how much you get for trade if you have to pay over msrp then it’s a wash.

OP
OP
J

jmundy41

Reaction score
I'm noticing that now. Just called a few places near me and one said 10k markup and the other 15k markup. I'm not paying that. I will wait.

That leads me to another question. When the orders were first placed on 6/10, how did that process work? Were those orders filled at MSRP or did it just depend on the dealer?

Thrush

Reaction score
Pretty much the same. You had to shop around to find dealers that would do MSRP, a lot wanted the extra markup.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm noticing that now. Just called a few places near me and one said 10k markup and the other 15k markup. I'm not paying that. I will wait.

That leads me to another question. When the orders were first placed on 6/10, how did that process work? Were those orders filled at MSRP or did it just depend on the dealer?
Dealer's choice. Their trucks, their pricing.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a data point for you…I talked to several dealerships across central/southern Indiana. I ended up accepting a trade of 70k for my ‘19 (screw with all options but upgrade wheels) with 15,000 miles on it towards MSRP on a fully loaded 35” leadfoot that had already had the order placed. Second option was an offer for 67k for my truck for an order of my choice with the 37” package at MSRP. All other stealerships were 5-20k above MSRP.

Last edited:

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing 35’s on my order! Spending the extra dough saved on real 37’s, bump stops and fox live valve external reservoir ( spoke to fox said they will be available in January) 35 truck is the same as 37 except for stiffer spring 1” front shocks, rear spare tire carrier placement and blue interior! Confirmed this info with Texas motorworx who seen a 35 truck vs a 377FB8721B-27CA-4B06-BBE3-C47FBA30E4CA.jpeg

Last edited:

bjork

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys need some help. I have a 2018 pretty much loaded with 67k miles on it & located in NC. I am thinking of selling/trading in to dealership and ordering a gen 3. Highest offer I've received so far is $58k. I feel like this is a pretty good price for the current market. What do you guys think?
Definitely seen comparable raptors sell for a bit more, but I think most people will agree that market has peaked. As previously mentioned, it’s your call whether you want/need to sell it soon. If you don’t, you could possibly find higher ones if you list it in the right places to find the right buyer. Either way, best of luck with your search. Personally though I like the gen 2 design more than gen 3 ;)