Gen 2 Cobb Intercooler on Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dragos

Reaction score
Storm surge from hurricane Ian fried the electrical system on my Gen 2 last week. Brought home a lightly used '22 yesterday and am curious if anyone has any information about whether a Cobb intercooler from a Gen 2 will fit a Gen 3? I know they don't have the Accessport software yet but thought about going ahead with the IC swap.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. I will wait for a Gen 3er to confirm but I believe the Gen 2 FMIC fits a Gen 3.

Please post pictures of said '22 or you will be assigned a prius picture.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Storm surge from hurricane Ian fried the electrical system on my Gen 2 last week. Brought home a lightly used '22 yesterday and am curious if anyone has any information about whether a Cobb intercooler from a Gen 2 will fit a Gen 3? I know they don't have the Accessport software yet but thought about going ahead with the IC swap.
Sorry that happened. I would assume they fit but I'd just wait for Cobb to release their gen 3 intercooler.

OP
OP
Dragos

Dragos

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. I will wait for a Gen 3er to confirm but I believe the Gen 2 FMIC fits a Gen 3.

Please post pictures of said '22 or you will be assigned a prius picture.
Thanks, and to satisfy your requirements for picture proof...

Attachments

• Blue Dragon II.jpg
    Blue Dragon II.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 53

MrTorque

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the Cobb intercooler fits, I installed one on mine(check the intercooler install thread). It comes with two hoses/couplers one for gen 2 and one for gen 3.

Bluu

Reaction score
I can confirm that it will fit. There is only one difference between the Gen 2 and Gen 3 and that is the coupler that goes from the BOV pipe to the factory pipe. If you buy your IC straight from Cobb, they include this additional piece (as was the case when i ordered). However, you will want to check with any other suppliers to make sure they have this updated coupler before ordering.

Attachments

• PXL_20220820_011746780.jpg
    PXL_20220820_011746780.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 82
  • PXL_20220820_181447031.jpg
    PXL_20220820_181447031.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 85
OP
OP
Dragos

Dragos

Reaction score
Nice. What else do you have planned besides a FMIC? And tune when it is available.
Not sure yet. That is all I had done to my '18. I've taken a huge hit to the wallet with the replacement even with insurance so it may be a while before I have the money to do anything.

OP
OP
Dragos

Dragos

Reaction score
I can confirm that it will fit. There is only one difference between the Gen 2 and Gen 3 and that is the coupler that goes from the BOV pipe to the factory pipe. If you buy your IC straight from Cobb, they include this additional piece (as was the case when i ordered). However, you will want to check with any other suppliers to make sure they have this updated coupler before ordering.
Thanks to Bluu and MrTorque! I ordered through Goosetuned but I probably discarded the extra coupler. Will reach out to Winfield and see if I can get another.

MidLifeRaptor

Reaction score
Anyone have experiences with taking a vehicle in for warranty work with an upgraded intercooler? I know all about the MM act regarding aftermarket parts etc, but looking for real world experience in the matter. I guess it would likely only matter in cases where issues occurred with turbos or anything indirectly connected?