Gen 2 Blown Motor: Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tyler_GTS

Tyler_GTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, these replies have been so much help. This is what an auto forum should look like all the time.

Thanks guys. Gonna think over it some today but right now I'm leaning towards just getting the truck back asap and then driving it for a while before I make any decisions.

I do have this sneaky feeling that the repair will take much longer that the 5 days they promised.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
****** nozzle
1) The underappreciated apparatus of the ****** that actually does the stinky work. Attached to the ****** Bag.
2) A male who acts and looks like an utter *******. Someone who transcends common insults to the point that simply calling him a "*******" or "*********" will no longer do. Much more offensive than simply calling someone a *********.
3) See Jake17

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man, these replies have been so much help. This is what an auto forum should look like all the time.

Thanks guys. Gonna think over it some today but right now I'm leaning towards just getting the truck back asap and then driving it for a while before I make any decisions.

I do have this sneaky feeling that the repair will take much longer that the 5 days they promised.

Sounds like a solid plan....and I agree on the dealer time frame getting blown.

OP
OP
Tyler_GTS

Tyler_GTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one thing that get tricky is if they only replace the bottom end. One guys mentioned that could be possible, which I kinda disputed. I’d rather get a full longblock, just to be safe. But I also realize Ford procedure doesn’t take into account what I want.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Agree with the approach. As smurf already mentioned, impatience will result in poor decisions (I speak from exhaustive personal experience). Even if you decided to order a '19, you will have to drive the truck for at least a couple months while it's being built.

Good luck, and keep us updated with the repairs.

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you would like to name the dealer trying to profit off your misfortune and their faulty product?

OP
OP
Tyler_GTS

Tyler_GTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you would like to name the dealer trying to profit off your misfortune and their faulty product?

Would it be out of line to name them before they have a final chance to make it right?

If y'all want to know who it is, I can certainly name them. I just dont want to jump the gun.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it be out of line to name them before they have a final chance to make it right?

If y'all want to know who it is, I can certainly name them. I just dont want to jump the gun.

I'd wait until it's settled... There's a lot of time for them to improve your experience. At this point, I think the only egregious action the dealer has taken was the low-ball offer on your truck. And tbh, that's not at all surprising or uncommon.

OP
OP
Tyler_GTS

Tyler_GTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, and honestly, the service manager has been nice. I was expecting them to give me a tougher time trying to wiggle out of the warranty claim. But they ordered the new motor before he even told me what was wrong.

They dropped the ball on my rental, but I guess that happens.

I'll see how it goes from here.