Gen 2 and Gen 3 FRONT END

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 2 has nicer lines Imo ive been vocal on here about it lol. Its more of a do you want coil rear or leaf rear, and upgraded infotainment question in my book… gen2 cheaper, easier to build out and tune etc.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I really like the GEN2 or GEN3 with aftermarket glass. It gives the look of more width via the fender instead of the wider fender flares. The GEN1 kinda had that extra wide fender with minimal flare from the factory. Personally I like the G1 and G3 over the G2 in factory form. But with glass the G2 and G3 look better than the G1.

These look phenomenal with the extra width.
1685554769836.png
1685555008096.png

8250_RPM

Reaction score
I really like the GEN2 or GEN3 with aftermarket glass. It gives the look of more width via the fender instead of the wider fender flares. The GEN1 kinda had that extra wide fender with minimal flare from the factory. Personally I like the G1 and G3 over the G2 in factory form. But with glass the G2 and G3 look better than the G1.

These look phenomenal with the extra width.
View attachment 410196
View attachment 410197
Aftermarket glass? What is it that you’re referring to exactly? Sincerely curious.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seriously I have to look pretty hard to tell the difference between gen 2 and gen 3. But then I don't much care about the looks.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptors have kind of always been a ‘looks better in person’ proposition. Gen3 is no exception. The main issue with it seems to be the truck is getting incrementally larger and the wheels and tires now look a little small.
You might of hit the nail on the head.
Everyday when I step into the garage I see my Gen 2 with 0 offset wheels and ADD bumper in front of me and it looks beef. The wife’s Gen 3 is right beside, less than 1K miles and it’s like” Meh”.
But on its own in the driveway the Gen 3 looks good. I think 0 offset wheels would do the trick but I absolutely love the bead lock wheels and just unsure about wheel adaptors. Read pretty much the whole thread on wheel adaptor debate and came away thinking maybe it’s not a good idea. Probably would be ok as her truck is just a really nice grocery getter. Buying her her own Raptor pretty much gives me the green light to mod my Gen 2 to my hearts content. Doubtful we even drive hers on the sand in Hatteras, unless I manage to bury mine in the sand and traction boards can’t get me out. She might have to rescue me… wouldn’t that suck.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else besides me think the Gen 2 has a better looking front end? The Gen 3 is all square like a Gen 2 ran into a wall. Sad to say it.

I think the Gen2 looks better than the Gen 1 or the Gen3, & I think it’s noticeable, it looks much “chunkier” & distinct from a standard f150 than the gen3 does. The exaggerated angled cutouts for the light surrounds in the rear fenders for example really make a difference, the “frowning” tailgate appliqué vs standard