GEN 2 - A/C Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nap925

Reaction score
I've been trying to trouble shoot an A/C issue. With the warm weather lately, I've been noticing a somewhat intermittent issue. The A/C is cold and coming through the vents but, doesn't seem to blow/flow freely, no matter how high I turn the fan up or if I recirculate or not recirculate, the airflow is low. When the air flow is set on high, level 4 and higher, it sounds like there's a restriction and I don't feel the air blowing as high as it should.

When not running A/C, normal vent mode, air flows fine even at low settings! Sometimes, when I turn the A/C off, and it switches to the "normal vent" mode, air flows freely again. I've found the earlier GEN1's had issues with the vent door/flap breaking but, never found anything for the GEN 2's? Wondering if it's the issue?

Has anyone had similar issues and what was done? Only searches that comes up are for bad A/C smells.

Thanks in advance!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Evaporator may be freezing over. The cause can be a biased Evaporator temperature sensor. If you have ForScan, you can compare the AAT and EVAP_TEMP parameters to see if the evap sensor is reading significantly higher than AAT (30 degrees F or greater difference).

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or it’s just standard operating raptor fan, which is the weakest I’ve ever encountered. It’s one of only a few disappointments with my raptor, horrible blowing power. AC or heat

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a observation but i notice that the AC lowers when you talk on the phone or engage siri. Perhaps thats stuck on? Can you hear the blower fan operating at high speed?

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Just a observation but i notice that the AC lowers when you talk on the phone or engage siri. Perhaps thats stuck on? Can you hear the blower fan operating at high speed?
I've noticed that also which is a cool feature.

No fan complaints so far on my 2019.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check and make sure air isn't blowing out the defroster or floor vents.

Air may be moving but not out of where you expect. That would be an issue with the mode door/actuator