Gen 1 with 4 Auto (TOD)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Primez

Primez

Reaction score
AFAIK, all the magic happens in the 4x4 module. I think the big question is whether or not those are interchangeable between the 10-14 years.

The parts listed in my original post show compatibility for 12-14. The TOD was also introduced in ‘12, so my hunch is that likely something (probably major) changed with the 4x4 modules between the 10/11 and 12-14 models. I think the easiest way to test this would be to just try to get your hands on one of the 4x4 modules to see if it’s even the same.

I can also take some very detailed pics of the plugs and pins for you if you’d like to compare.

mashtastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, all the magic happens in the 4x4 module. I think the big question is whether or not those are interchangeable between the 10-14 years.

The parts listed in my original post show compatibility for 12-14. The TOD was also introduced in ‘12, so my hunch is that likely something (probably major) changed with the 4x4 modules between the 10/11 and 12-14 models. I think the easiest way to test this would be to just try to get your hands on one of the 4x4 modules to see if it’s even the same.

I can also take some very detailed pics of the plugs and pins for you if you’d like to compare.
My question is the connection at the TC. Is the motor to shift the linkage the same? If not, is the plug the same and pinned out correctly?

OP
OP
Primez

Primez

Reaction score
question here. in 4a can you turn full lock? or does it still bind and break?
Yes, turning in full lock, no issues with binding at all. I have been in 4A since the install. Wet, dry, highway, parking lots, dirt, full lock, etc etc., and no issues with binding at all.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Yes, turning in full lock, no issues with binding at all. I have been in 4A since the install. Wet, dry, highway, parking lots, dirt, full lock, etc etc., and no issues with binding at all.
Great to hear no issues. Saving up for this swap and thanks to the op and everyone in here for all the info.