Gen 1 Whipple Super charged vs stock Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This Gen1 vs Gen2 bitching is so entertaining!! I don't know why the rest of you are bickering about it?!? Either read it and laugh, or don't and move along!

I, for one, drove the Gen2 (only on pavement) and wasn't impressed. I love the new interior, electronics and some of the new technology, but over all, I'll stick with my Gen1. No other reason but that BIG motheref-ing engine!! And I prefer the 6-speed over a 10-speed. 10-speeds are great for highway cruising and mall-crawling (really?) but useless as shit for what this truck was made for. So I'll be fine without.

As for the "Gen3 will be better than Gen2 will be better than Gen 1" - I completely agree, it should be as such!! The Gen2 is FAAAAAR better when it comes to the interior. Absolutely no comparison. But why put a little ***** pump in there instead of a real motor? That's pretty much what all us Gen1-ers are disappointed about.

Imagine if the Gen3 that comes out in 202- whenever, has a 'higher performing' quad-turbo-ed I4 with 490 HP, 12 speed transmission with 6 overdrive gears just in case you can't cruise long enough, and a NASA space-grade high strength tin-foil body that decreases overall weight by another 400 lbs!! I mean, hey, it's FAR better than your Gen2 on paper, but doesn't this sound like a ************* truck??

I can get over the aluminum body and the 10 speed, but I just can't deal with a V6 in such a BIG truck. A truck that's meant to be pushed to the limits!! I would just be shit-scared of being stranded in the middle of nowhere because a 'flange' broke. :biggrin:

With a Super-Turbo-charged half liter single cyclinder motor producing 540 HP, requiring no transmission, made of adamantium-grade egg-shells and weighing in less than your wife and unborn child combined, comes the ALL-NEW 2027 Generation 4 Ford Raptor!! For princesses and fairies alike!

Lol. ****** A. Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackie

Reaction score
This Gen1 vs Gen2 bitching is so entertaining!! I don't know why the rest of you are bickering about it?!? Either read it and laugh, or don't and move along!

I, for one, drove the Gen2 (only on pavement) and wasn't impressed. I love the new interior, electronics and some of the new technology, but over all, I'll stick with my Gen1. No other reason but that BIG motheref-ing engine!! And I prefer the 6-speed over a 10-speed. 10-speeds are great for highway cruising and mall-crawling (really?) but useless as shit for what this truck was made for. So I'll be fine without.

As for the "Gen3 will be better than Gen2 will be better than Gen 1" - I completely agree, it should be as such!! The Gen2 is FAAAAAR better when it comes to the interior. Absolutely no comparison. But why put a little ***** pump in there instead of a real motor? That's pretty much what all us Gen1-ers are disappointed about.

Imagine if the Gen3 that comes out in 202- whenever, has a 'higher performing' quad-turbo-ed I4 with 490 HP, 12 speed transmission with 6 overdrive gears just in case you can't cruise long enough, and a NASA space-grade high strength tin-foil body that decreases overall weight by another 400 lbs!! I mean, hey, it's FAR better than your Gen2 on paper, but doesn't this sound like a ************* truck??

I can get over the aluminum body and the 10 speed, but I just can't deal with a V6 in such a BIG truck. A truck that's meant to be pushed to the limits!! I would just be shit-scared of being stranded in the middle of nowhere because a 'flange' broke. :biggrin:

With a Super-Turbo-charged half liter single cyclinder motor producing 540 HP, requiring no transmission, made of adamantium-grade egg-shells and weighing in less than your wife and unborn child combined, comes the ALL-NEW 2027 Generation 4 Ford Raptor!! For princesses and fairies alike!

I was hoping to laugh and be entertained, but you fell way short. You almost had me at "***** pump" but then it just came across you were trying way too hard to be funny.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW - I now own two...can't believe it, but it's awesome.

14 Raptor Loaded, no beadlocks...a number of exterior mods...stock engine.

17 Raptor Loaded minus bed stickers and no beadlocks...stock engine.

Almost have 1000 miles on the 17...had a 4 hr drive to first place and then a 7 hr drive home...the power and feel of the 17 is awesome. The throttle response is so improved...today just getting onto the freeway to go pickup my 14 Raptor at the Airport I got on it and broke the back loose...whoops, granted it had rained about 30 minutes earlier, but definitely wouldn't do that near as easily in my 14. Also passing cars...I think one pass I passed about 11 cars on a two lane hwy.
If anyone has driven hwy 95 in Idaho, plenty of hills, corners, etc. I had so much fun driving this truck, it's like a sportscar.
Drove my 14 home and the wife drove the 17 for the first time...will say though the sound in the 14 when you get on it definitely sounds better no question. The comfort though and throttle response the 17 wins easy...street wise.

Hope to offroad in the new one in a few weeks and can get another comparison.

Last edited:

HK92

Reaction score
Obviously some massive wheel hop here but the Gen 1 Roush SC Raptor seems to hit 0-60 in about 5 sec. Ford reports that Gen 2 does 0-60 in 5.1 sec

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This thread has been dormant for 5 years…along with most of the Sasquatch Gen 1 “Jennifers” who made absolute fools of themselves and aired their insecurities.
Hard pass on that, bud. Not with the new 7.0 liter dual overhead cam V8 on the way. Now that is a truck engine. And one an enthusiast could really get excited about.

:jester: :facepalm: