Gen 1 Transmission Took A Dump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well shit. mine took a crap as well. im going to piggyback off your thread if you dont mind..... truck is in salt lake city at the moment. effin insurance is giving me grief. i believe mine was due to my wreck. @FordTechOne can you share your thoughts? a month ago i was in wyoming and the wind and snow storm blew my travel trailer over. it whipped the truck around backwards and drug it a bit. i was going 55mph and then all of a sudden im going backwards, still in drive gears. would that damage the transmission? drove home and it all seemed fine. only drove it 12-15 miles in the following weeks and then 7hours into our trip to nevada it just gave out. wasnt towing. a friend at work heard a clicking noise but it wasnt loud. figured i would check it out when we got home, instead it died on iur way out.
Engine just revs in any gear?. Assume you checked fuses. My friend just cracked center out of his flywheel last week . Lost all motion pulled over. Enge revs . Shuts off . Restart spins ringear and convertor. Crank doesn't turn. 2012 Roush raptor. Only other thing is you lost the pump . cracked during incident. Happened on my 95 Tahoe beater. accidently put in reverse going 25 mph forward. Shock cracked pump gears. 2 days later came apart no more fluid pressure.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engine just revs in any gear?. Assume you checked fuses. My friend just cracked center out of his flywheel last week . Lost all motion pulled over. Enge revs . Shuts off . Restart spins ringear and convertor. Crank doesn't turn. 2012 Roush raptor. Only other thing is you lost the pump . cracked during incident. Happened on my 95 Tahoe beater. accidently put in reverse going 25 mph forward. Shock cracked pump gears. 2 days later came apart no more fluid pressure.
yep. engine just revs in any gear. no movement.