Gen 1 to Gen 2 coilover conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1GRaptor

Reaction score
So KHC buckets, Fox 3.0 Factory series with live valve, and SDI E click... on a Gen 1.... go it...

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So KHC buckets, Fox 3.0 Factory series with live valve, and SDI E click... on a Gen 1.... go it...

Camburg makes a really nice conversion bucket that welds in to look factory.

Are you able to utilize the E-Click system on a Gen 1? I thought not...

Yep, same process as adding it to a 17-18 Gen 2. Just have to run the wires to the shocks and through the firewall for the controller.

WHBD

Reaction score
Camburg makes a really nice conversion bucket that welds in to look factory.

Yep, same process as adding it to a 17-18 Gen 2. Just have to run the wires to the shocks and through the firewall for the controller.
Thank you!

Areyf

Reaction score
My Live Valves, revalved by SDI, and SDI E-Click is in the mail. I got the KHC conversion kit in mail as well for the Gen1. Excited to see what this will do. Almost as pricey as a set of 3.0 Fox Shocks, but hoping it's a better set up for my versatile needs.

20220706_191835.jpg

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Live Valves, revalved by SDI, and SDI E-Click is in the mail. I got the KHC conversion kit in mail as well for the Gen1. Excited to see what this will do. Almost as pricey as a set of 3.0 Fox Shocks, but hoping it's a better set up for my versatile needs.

View attachment 368224

That's kind of my thoughts too. By the time you get the KHC buckets, the Geiser springs, Live Valve shocks with rebuilds, and the SDI e-click it seems like you'll end up around like 4500-ish unless you got the shocks for a steal. Looks like you can get the 3.0 coilovers and 3.0 rear shocks for about that. Very tough call.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 368224
What kind of filter does your camera use to make you look so young?

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Gen 2 has about 2” more of travel in the front than our Gen 1s. I want to use the Camburg coilover buckets for a Gen 2 and put them on my Gen 1 and then use a Gen 2 3.0 King as well. Has anyone else done this to achieve the extra 2” of travel?
I'm curious if you could just get a 2nd Gen shock bucket from Ford instead of dealing with aftermarket versions. I can't find them available for newer than 1996 f150 trucks online, and can't even locate a part number for 1st-2nd versions. If the newer shock bucket, (aka coil spring pocket housing, aka strut tower, etc), is available, you probably just need to drill out a couple welds that are easy to reach. The F250 2021 versions are cheap and available, so maybe the Raptor ones are as well?

Attachments

• 20220907_100217.jpg
    20220907_100217.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 7