GEN 1 Gen 1 shock perch lock ring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone know if you can buy the lock ring that holds the spring perch in place? I’m refinishing the shock and can’t get that lock ring completely off the shock. So my plan was to buy new ones, coat them, and then send them with the shocks to get rebuilt and have them installed when the shocks are apart. Google search hasn’t come up with anything yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you can get them it's just an external split ring; I'd try calling Fox if you can't get it off to measure the cross-section, inside diameter and outside diameter (in which case you could take it to a local bearing supply company and match it up)...

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did send an email to fox so we’ll see what they say. I am able to measure it so I’ll look into a local company here. Thanks for the suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem! Interested to hear what you find out, mine were pretty rusty/nasty when I did the mid perch and rebuilds a few months ago, let us know what happens.