Gen 1 running board covering unpeeling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Palacco

Reaction score
My black coating is unpeeling I assume from salt water, as I live on Long Island.... Anyone have guidance on fixing/replacing..?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would spray them with a hard coating like @Dane mentioned or take the running boards to Line-x and have them resprayed, will last like new.
If linex will spray them…… our local linex only wants to do truck beds, hardly anything else. Wouldn’t even quote the wheel wells.

I agree on the raptor liner

ToddReynolds

Reaction score
My Line-X dealer did color matched fender flares, front and rear bumpers and I had them do my running boards to match after. They also did my rear fender wells and under carriage protection. Everything turned out great, definitely worth a phone call for sure

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stripped mine and recoated them with bed liner. Looks surprisingly good for $70 worth of flap discs and spray on bed liner.

perry

Reaction score
I stripped mine and recoated them with bed liner. Looks surprisingly good for $70 worth of flap discs and spray on bed liner.
What grit? 60 or lower. I bought 2 new but held onto the old ones thinking I’d refinish. The top is thick. Looks like a pain to strip.

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What grit? 60 or lower. I bought 2 new but held onto the old ones thinking I’d refinish. The top is thick. Looks like a pain to strip.
I think I stepped it between 200 and 300 grit. Just be careful or it can eat into the aluminum (ask me how I know).

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah either have them line x or if you’re wanting to tackle it yourself , use UPOHL raptor liner and spray gun kit Stuff is amazing.
BONUS:
Clean the gun out really well, and you can use it to spray down your underside with fluid film to keep the salt from corroding in the future