Gen 1 Raptor rear end clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrprast95

Reaction score
Hello everyone, around 4 months ago I bought a 2013 Raptor with 90k miles on it and more recently these past few weeks I’ve been hearing a very loud clunk from the rear end when going over speed bumps, pots holes, etc. If the truck is moving slow, maybe around 5 mph, I hear nothing. But at a higher speed it’s very apparent. There’s no aftermarket mods or rebuilt shocks yet as I’ve just purchased it but I can tell everything is pretty worn. Below is a video for better clarification. I’m just wonder what y’all think it could be so I can start the process of elimination, thank you!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    6.8 MB

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could this be what is happening?

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That had a little bit of a bell **** to it. Just to be sure check your harmonic dampener on top of the left rear frame to make sure the bushings are still intact. If you hit it with your hand and it produces that **** sound that could be the problem. Most people just remove it when it’s bad. LOL D O N G is edited

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 14