Gen-1 Raptor Questions (advice appreciated!) -new to forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
VictorLin0725

VictorLin0725

Reaction score
To be completely honest, there isn't much on the truck that goes wrong wth it. As for upgrades, Im sure there are offroad companies that can help out, maybe Just Jeeps. I just don't trust mechs because I have seen what kind of garbage they think is "fixed." Upgrades are fairly easy, even for beginners, it just takes time. A simple thought I have always stood by is the engineering of the vehicle is focused around the lowest common denominator. Meaning, in the middle of Mongolia, can someone fix this with the most rudimentary tools possible? Yes. So why cant we tackle it? Pizza and beers also go a long way too...

And imo, go with a 6.2. They are a beast of a motor, similar (probably better) fuel mileage, and easier to service.

Thanks for all the help. I'll check back in with you guys once I finalize a deal on one. Wish me luck!

OP
OP
VictorLin0725

VictorLin0725

Reaction score
Y'all know how tall the 1st gen Raptor is with no modifications and stock tires? It says that it's 1.99 metres online and the underground parking downtown has a 2 metre clearance so will it pass? I feel like I'm cutting it real close! Might need to air-down before entering haha

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And were still in it!! The stockers are nice, they can always be better but I dont mind them. There are a few guys on the forum that have upgraded theirs. The sound of the eingine is sweet music enough to me. And yes, after a shit night, the seats are a damn blessing. The newer models have heated and cooled seats (13-14) but im sure someone can correct me on that so it does help with longer commutes. You will be going through gas though being that far north tho. Man what a commute !

I have 2012 SVT Raptor and mine does have the heated/cooled seats. Maybe mine was a late 2012?

OP
OP
VictorLin0725

VictorLin0725

Reaction score
I wonder if someone can comment on this. Maybe it was an 802 upgrade? I thought they would have come stock?

Hey tltoronto, I'm about to pull the trigger on a Raptor in Manitoba and wanted to ask you if you think the Raptor will be able to clear a parking garage with a 2 meter (6.56 ft) clearance (TGH)? For some reason the clearance at sunnybrook hospital is 1.5 meters which is just ridiculous even for larger suvs so I 've given up on that (going to park outside). Will getting some new rubber lower the truck by an inch or so?

Appreciate any input!

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey tltoronto, I'm about to pull the trigger on a Raptor in Manitoba and wanted to ask you if you think the Raptor will be able to clear a parking garage with a 2 meter (6.56 ft) clearance (TGH)? For some reason the clearance at sunnybrook hospital is 1.5 meters which is just ridiculous even for larger suvs so I 've given up on that (going to park outside). Will getting some new rubber lower the truck by an inch or so?

Appreciate any input!

That is really pushing it Vic. As a rule, I don't try for anything shorter than 6'8". You can use te antenna as a reference for height clearance which does really well. I am always surprised why people get stubbies for that reason. Just make sure its inspected 100% Those rusty rockers can bite ya