GEN 1 Gen 1 raptor Buzzing sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnamnesisV

Reaction score
Have a Gen 1 Raptor that has a buzz sound I can hear audibly & can feel on the gas pedal? It happens gears 1-3. Trans shifts up down nicely no leaks anywhere on the truck did diff Oil change last fall & oil was new no metal at all. It switches through all 4WD settings with no issue. Have had it for 2 yrs now and it hasn’t broken down on me accept corroded terminals. So I’m wondering what that could be.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you taken the front tires off and looked at your brake rotors and pads. Jack the truck up, one side at a time if need be and spin each front tire and see if you can feel and vibration. Have you rotated your tires since youve owned it?

OP
OP
AnamnesisV

AnamnesisV

Reaction score
Wheels & tires are new and it’s not coming from the tires. I can feel it directly under the drivers side floor board and gears 2-3. The sound deadening is loose directly underneath the floorboard so I wonder if that has to do with it? There no buzzing gears 4-6 and it’s more prominent when the AC is on. No CEL. Other than that truck is perfect.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wheels & tires are new and it’s not coming from the tires. I can feel it directly under the drivers side floor board and gears 2-3. The sound deadening is loose directly underneath the floorboard so I wonder if that has to do with it? There no buzzing gears 4-6 and it’s more prominent when the AC is on. No CEL. Other than that truck is perfect.
While you are under there, take a look at the factory tape that covers up the holes on the inside of the rockers where the running boards bolt onto the truck, if the tape is peeling back and stuff, rip it all off, clean the area really well and let dry totally, then add new black gorilla tape on there. A lot of us have done that over the years, since you're new to the raptor, it may have been done by a previous owner, but most haven't. If mud and debris gets in there, it clogs up the drain holes in the rockers and they will rust out. Hope you fix the vibration as well.