Gen 1 Paddle Shifters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KrautKabbage

Reaction score
I’ve finally got all the parts sourced. If anybody is legitimately interested please let me know. I won’t ask for any payment until I have all the parts assembled and ready to ship to you. The top picture is the standard shifters. The bottom picture is the current ones I have. Other colors are available in the second style as well. I’m not 100% sure on price yet but it’s probably going to be around $225 for the standard paddle shifters and $300 for the ones pictured in lower picture. Reply with any questions you have and I’ll try to answer them all in a Q&A video.
Thanks for all your patience everyone!

Attachments

• 9D12DDF7-A09E-4410-8B2F-5B1FF5D765A6.jpeg
    9D12DDF7-A09E-4410-8B2F-5B1FF5D765A6.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 119
  • C2E47891-3EF9-48DE-A683-D95F6062BB75.jpeg
    C2E47891-3EF9-48DE-A683-D95F6062BB75.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 114

Tyrlidon

Reaction score
Might be a dumb question, but how do you switch between the manual mode or automatic? Is there a controller? Will it function like Porsche tiptronic where it is in auto and any time you can shift with the paddle and after a certain time it swaps back auto, but then would you be able to put it in manual and keep it in a gear till you swap back to auto? Oh and how quick Is the shifting? If you slap down two gears does it register both? I found with the old tiptronic it was better to leave it in automatic if you wanted to step on it from a high gear as it took too long to manually shift down one gear at a time where the auto would drop multiple gears. Hope this makes sense and I am looking forward to seeing how it runs. Thanks so much for your time

Edit,
I found your video, it answers some of my questions. It looks like it takes over the shift control from the column shifted buttons. So you do have to make sure you shift back up to 6 for automatic mode and you can't upshift and lug it, it only allows the transmission to go into the next gear when it wants then. Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks again for your time.

Taylor

Last edited:

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious to see how this works out as well. Never found the manual shifting to be a ton of use, especially when trying to downshift multiple gears.

steel996

Reaction score
I’ve finally got all the parts sourced. If anybody is legitimately interested please let me know. I won’t ask for any payment until I have all the parts assembled and ready to ship to you. The top picture is the standard shifters. The bottom picture is the current ones I have. Other colors are available in the second style as well. I’m not 100% sure on price yet but it’s probably going to be around $225 for the standard paddle shifters and $300 for the ones pictured in lower picture. Reply with any questions you have and I’ll try to answer them all in a Q&A video.
Thanks for all your patience everyone!
I’m down for a kit, with the standard color paddles, when it’s ready to ship.
Let me know how to get payment to you.
Thanks

WHBD

Reaction score
Very interested in a standard set as well as looking forward to the writeup.

Tyrlidon

Reaction score
Alright, I haven't played around with manual mode enough in my truck. I was messing around with it today and even if it is replacing/ supplementing the buttons on the shifter I am interested. But of course I do have a few more questions. I would like to see the install and how much drilling you have to do. Also how smooth solid and "clicky" are the paddles. Last would be can you show how tight they are to the steering wheel as I would be worries about the room between the steering column and the blinker stalk. I would love the red paddles but would be Interested in knowing the size/ height difference.
Thanks again.

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely interested. I use manual all the time when going down hills, would love to go this route. My questions/concerns:

- I would love to see the install and difficulty of install.
- Any issues come up after the install?
- Do you have to take off the steering wheel or just the plastic shroud to do this?
- How/where does it connect?

OP
OP
KrautKabbage

KrautKabbage

Reaction score
Might be a dumb question, but how do you switch between the manual mode or automatic? Is there a controller? Will it function like Porsche tiptronic where it is in auto and any time you can shift with the paddle and after a certain time it swaps back auto, but then would you be able to put it in manual and keep it in a gear till you swap back to auto? Oh and how quick Is the shifting? If you slap down two gears does it register both? I found with the old tiptronic it was better to leave it in automatic if you wanted to step on it from a high gear as it took too long to manually shift down one gear at a time where the auto would drop multiple gears. Hope this makes sense and I am looking forward to seeing how it runs. Thanks so much for your time

Edit,
I found your video, it answers some of my questions. It looks like it takes over the shift control from the column shifted buttons. So you do have to make sure you shift back up to 6 for automatic mode and you can't upshift and lug it, it only allows the transmission to go into the next gear when it wants then. Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks again for your time.

Taylor
It doesn’t modify the electronic shifting at all. It’s basically just adding and extra set of the + - buttons from the center console shifter on the steering wheel.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do you have picture of the back of the wheel sowinh how the paddles are mounted and the clearence to the turn indicator etc..

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in for a standard set, $225 isn't bad at all. Just need enough instructions that I don't blow the airbag haha!