Gen. 1 owners please reply !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the end it is still a great truck... I just really want to hit the mountains again with it. I don't want to rent a jeep to stay safe. I take great satisfaction in taking my own vehicle on the trails. I am a dork that likes the trail stickers on the back glass and consider them a badge of honor !! LOL

Let me know when you want to come back out. I will put together some Raptor friendly routes.

I do not put those stickers on my rig, my co-workers would probably beat me and my good friends would stop taking my calls... I get it though, such amazing places. Great reminder of how lucky you are to be able to visit and access such great spots.

Attachments

• IMG_0785.jpg
    IMG_0785.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0792.jpg
    IMG_0792.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
WHAMMYBAR66

WHAMMYBAR66

Reaction score
Let me know when you want to come back out. I will put together some Raptor friendly routes.

I do not put those stickers on my rig, my co-workers would probably beat me and my good friends would stop taking my calls... I get it though, such amazing places. Great reminder of how lucky you are to be able to visit and access such great spots.

Sorry..
FB_IMG_1510084324951.jpg

LOL

OP
OP
WHAMMYBAR66

WHAMMYBAR66

Reaction score
Have any of my fellow Raptor owners that have stated here that they are having the same issue gotten any resolution ? WIth Christmas, I have not been able to purchase a tune.

OP
OP
WHAMMYBAR66

WHAMMYBAR66

Reaction score
I just want to bump this post back into everyone's mind. I have taken zero steps to resolve.. it all costs $$ !!

Chinmasterflex

Reaction score
For what it's worth:
I have an svc tune on my '13 and have noticed this exact same thing from time to time. So spending that money may not resolve the issue, especially if the tuner isn't sure what is causing it to begin with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WHAMMYBAR66

WHAMMYBAR66

Reaction score
Thank you for the input ! I did not purchase a tune yet because I don't want to spend that money and not fix anything... no company seemed to be interested in committing to fixing the concern if it took extra work... and I ain't mad.. I get it.

OP
OP
WHAMMYBAR66

WHAMMYBAR66

Reaction score
I have asked a buddy of mine to try to get a message to Ford engineering on this. Since the Raptor is their Premium truck, I am hoping they will at least listen. I suspect that when programming this truck for the desert they didn't really encounter mountain type long down hill grades that are causing this problem.