Gen 1 owner but

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm really liking the press the gen 2 is getting. Also a lot of love for street performance, speed. The hair dryer sound isn't impressive next to a SC V8, but it helps when it beat them. Must be a lot crow going down!

No, I still don't want one, I'm happy as hell with what I have, but love the Raptor name plate is way out front!!

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you.

Funny at the Raptor Assault looking at what they've done to the Gen I's...heavily modified, shocks changed, frame beefed up, etc... Each has it's place, but I am liking my Gen 2 more everyday. Very impressed with off road performance, was worried Gen 2 would have too much torque too fast.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think all Raptors are cool and I hope Ford improves each generation, that's good for all of us. I have been in both gens and have no problem admitting stock vs stock the gen2 is better offroad. I'm keeping my gen1 because I absolutely love it!!! I still wave at all Raptors because after all, were still in the same club!

Last edited:

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We are a big community with all generation Raptors. These trucks are awesome, all of them GEN1s and GEN2s. There ARE differences that are very distinct for both but after all said the Raptor is our passion, and a ****** up addiction to constantly pouring money into them. Cheers....

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm really liking the press the gen 2 is getting. Also a lot of love for street performance, speed. The hair dryer sound isn't impressive next to a SC V8, but it helps when it beat them. Must be a lot crow going down!

No, I still don't want one, I'm happy as hell with what I have, but love the Raptor name plate is way out front!!

You're "really liking the press the gen 2 is getting" - the Gen 2 has been out for a while now - it's not getting new press

The "hair dryer sound" - really?!

"Must be a lot of crow going down!" - WTF

"No, I still don't want one" - Who cares?!

trollercoaster.jpg

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. Absolutely a troll post. Adds no info to help a gen2 owner/buyer and doesn't even want a gen2. No problem or hard feelings but just get the f out of a gen 2 forum then.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think all Raptors are cool and I hope Ford improves each generation, that's good for all of us. I have been in both gens and have no problem admitting stock vs stock the gen2 is better offroad. I'm keeping my gen1 because I absolutely love it!!! I still wave at all Raptors because after all, were still in the same club!

It's funny that you mention waving, because I have come across four Gen 1 Raptors in the past two weeks and none of them even considered waving. Not sure if it is a Gen 1 vs Gen 2 thing, or they just don't believe in the waving, but my friendly wave was definitely not returned.

OP
OP
Sage

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My bad, got posted in the wrong place. Not pissing on your parade. The hair dryer comment was a quote from an article by a butt hurt Chevrolet owner that was at the crow table.

In any case, keep that Raptor name plate on top