Gen 1 Occasional Slamming into Gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp4lsu

Reaction score
I can't repeat it at will, but it seems to happen going from 2nd to 3rd under slow acceleration. It happens so rare I can't ever tell exactly the condition but it happens under slow accel and I back off and reapply the gas seems to be the condition. So maybe I'm catching the transmission in between gears when I push the gas.

I do have the "clunk", which definitely feels and sounds like the slip yoke. So I will grease that up soon.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I can't repeat it at will, but it seems to happen going from 2nd to 3rd under slow acceleration. It happens so rare I can't ever tell exactly the condition but it happens under slow accel and I back off and reapply the gas seems to be the condition. So maybe I'm catching the transmission in between gears when I push the gas.

I do have the "clunk", which definitely feels and sounds like the slip yoke. So I will grease that up soon.
Did greasing the yoke do the trick?

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My 2014 shifts harder from 2-3 than any other gears. It only happens when the trans temp is low on the first drive of the day and goes away after it’s warm.

I also experience hard shifts in the low gears when only using light throttle. If I give it some juice it shifts smoother - she just wants to go fast I guess!