Gen 1 - Garage sale, parts and pics added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z TEAM RACING II

Full Access Member
Reaction score
acid dipped and
Polished? The whole wheel? And then polished? I’ve got these as well and I’ve been looking for ways to polish them up any tips?

OP
OP
FordFanStan

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headlights sold.
acid dipped and
Polished? The whole wheel? And then polished? I’ve got these as well and I’ve been looking for ways to polish them up any tips?
I had the company that powdercoated the wheels, first acid dip the whole wheel. This removed all of the old powdercoat and clear coat that was flaking off anyway. It revealed a very porous ground type surface on the wheel face. Method does not smooth it out before they coat them. Then they were sanded and polished. I did not do this myself, so I can't to attest to how they did it. I know it was by hand. Pretty sure the tumbler method in ceramic media produces the best polished results, but places charge $200+ per wheel for polishing. You can also look into Zephyr polishes/products. They offer a lot of semi-wheel/tank polishing products. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
FordFanStan

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forum settings do not allow me to update my original post now. Sold the King air bumps separately.

RPG Gen 1 Stage 2 rear suspension without air bumps. The frame supports I re-powdercoated in satin black. I ordered a brand new cross bar and axle impact pads. Comes with hardware. It sells new for approximately $1000, $750.

Last edited:

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forum settings do not allow me to update my original post now. Sold the bump stops separately.

RPG Gen 1 Stage 2 rear suspension. The frame supports I re-powder-coated in satin black. I ordered a brand new cross bar and axle impact pads. Comes with hardware. It sells new for over 1700 dollars. This is a steal!! $1000.

"Stage 2" means it includes the mounts and the bump stops. If you're only selling the mounts its the "stage 1" kit and new from RPG is $949.

OP
OP
FordFanStan

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I thought something seemed different when I linked it and I assumed RPG just raised their prices. It is in fact a Stage 2 when originally purchased, but prior to them including the air bumps. I don't believe the Stage 1 includes the axle pads and their hardware, and this does. At any rate, I've dropped the price more to reflect the difference now.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I thought something seemed different when I linked it and I assumed RPG just raised their prices. It is in fact a Stage 2 when originally purchased, but prior to them including the air bumps. I don't believe the Stage 1 includes the axle pads and their hardware, and this does. At any rate, I've dropped the price more to reflect the difference now.
Yeah their website descriptions leave a bit to be desired. Glad my post wasn't taken as price bashing, just hoping to help you get your stuff sold.