Gen 1 Exhaust Issues HELP!

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]' started by Lollarhunter, Feb 5, 2018.

Sponsored By: Stainless Works
  1. Lollarhunter

Lollarhunter Member

I have a 2012 6.2L, when I bought it, it was basically open headers and had the worst drone ever. So I took it to a shop and told them to quiet it down. They put a muffler on and dumped it right at the back door which made it quiet but within a week I blew the baffles out of it. I am on my 3rd one now(we've tried different brands and sizes) and im tried of it being in the shop. Since I have put a muffler on it, it constantly has idle issues and sometimes just shuts off. Im looking to just start fresh from the headers back (no CATS) something that runs out the back or after the rear axle. Any suggestions on a good after market exhaust that I wont blow out and wont have a killer drone noise???

2. dogtag

dogtag Member

Bro if you don't wanna break your bank and still want a nice deep sound, go for the black widow, if you got money than there are other options..

3. Msb.19d

Msb.19d Full Access Member

Cut some weep holes in bottom of it

4. SZDZMTR

SZDZMTR FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Corsa

depgary25 likes this.
  5. waddellw

waddellw Full Access Member

Stainless works headers back seems neat. After researching I'd aim for the sport cats over no cats but user preference

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

6. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

Unfortunately, you can never make it sound like the TTv6. I’ve heard through numerous posts here that the walker quiet flow is the best answer for the 6.2

:biggrin:

How the F*** are you blowing out baffles? backfiring?

is the truck tuned? if the idle is compromised and you’re stalling, modifying the truck further is a recipe for tail chasing frustration.

I’ve had several big block GM & Ford, in all kinds of states of tune and the only time I ever blew out a muffler was adding a coil without the ballast resistor (because, at 17, I knew better than the instructions) then I soon developed a miss and when it did fire, it blew the muffler apart quite spectacularly.

No other mods?

7. Nick@GotExhaust

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

We can offer you a great setup! message me and we can set you up with Stainless works headers, y-pipe, and I recommend a Corsa catback to finish it off. That will give you great sound but NO drone. send me a message and I can quote you with your forum discount! FYI we are also running a sale on Corsa so we are pricing that catback lower than normal!