Gen 1 Drivers High Beam Stuck On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 screw. It has the 23-14 OEM projector lights with the moromoto harness. Recently the driver high beam won’t go off after turning on the high beams. Everything works properly except the driver high beam is stuck on. I’ve replaced the moromoto harness with a new one last week and that didn’t fix anything.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on the 13/14 trucks the bulb itself moves in and out of the bulb cover. when its in, it blocks some light and is the low beam. when the high beams are triggered, the bulb moves back allowing more light to enter the reflective housing which gives you brighter light. i think you should pull the bulb out and check to see if it is stuck. usually you can move the bulb by pushing the top down. if its stuck, you will have to pull up. but that will tell you if the bulb is bad.

OP
OP
BigGriff023

BigGriff023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the 13/14 trucks the bulb itself moves in and out of the bulb cover. when its in, it blocks some light and is the low beam. when the high beams are triggered, the bulb moves back allowing more light to enter the reflective housing which gives you brighter light. i think you should pull the bulb out and check to see if it is stuck. usually you can move the bulb by pushing the top down. if its stuck, you will have to pull up. but that will tell you if the bulb is bad.
I think I’m slightly slow and not following you. You’re saying to move the bulb in and out manually and if I can’t, the bulb is bad? If the bulb was bad, wouldn’t it not light up in the first place? Sorry if that’s a stupid question, just trying to wrap my head around what I’ll be looking for exactly.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I’m slightly slow and not following you. You’re saying to move the bulb in and out manually and if I can’t, the bulb is bad? If the bulb was bad, wouldn’t it not light up in the first place? Sorry if that’s a stupid question, just trying to wrap my head around what I’ll be looking for exactly.
on these bulbs the high beam does not control the light brightness, it activates a switch that moves the bulb position. if the switch is bad inside the bulb, it may be stuck in one position