GEN 1 Gen 1 6.2l transmission codes/symptoms/diagnostics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warmonger

Reaction score
My 2010 6.2l is throwing transmission codes…..700,741 TC solenoid malfunctions.
Symptoms:
- intermittent hard shifts, seems to be mostly 6th gear OD some slipping but not consistently.
- seems worse in wet conditions, trying to isolate wiring harnesses to check them
- will check fluid this week, no over heating detected
- shifts through gears smoothly under heavy acceleration up and down

I have high mileage, 170k…..well maintained all drive line components function properly, etc.

Looking for some advice from the knowledgeable group here ie:

-Should I replace solenoids?
-do we have guidance on common electrical short/contact locations that could be targets?
- should I take some steps like above or consider a remanufactured transmission unit with a new TC at this mileage? If so do we have members who have done that job and does the group recommend a remanufacture Co that is best?
Thanks for any guidance.

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if you have the older Mechatronic 6R80? Pretty sure the newer version came in the 2011’s.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
P0741 is TCC solenoid circuit performance/stuck off. It’s a performance /conditional DTC, not an electrical DTC. If the PCM was seeing an electrical fault with the TCC solenoid, it would set a DTC such as P0740, P0742, P0743, etc.

I would not recommend replacing anything without a diagnosis, especially not the entire transmission. P0741 sets when the PCM commands the TCC on 3 consecutive times but does not see it apply. The first thing to check is fluid level and condition. Low fluid level can affect TCC operation, and burnt/contaminated fluid is an indication of a mechanical failure.

OP
OP
W

warmonger

Reaction score
Thank you for this reply. Very helpful. I’ll check the fluid and condition this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20