Geisers, Icons, and 37s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FerdFteen

Reaction score
I'm working on a build for my 19 in Velocity Blue. Things are coming along well and can't wait until the guys at @COBB Tuning have something ready for the 2019s.

Exterior Mods:
Suntek Ultra PPF on full front end, hood, fenders, A / B pillars, and rocker panels
Feynlab Heal Lite 5 year ceramic coating
Suntek CIR ceramic tint all around including the sun roof
AMP Research power running boards
Spray in liner

Suspension:
Geiser Progressive Springs
Icon Stage 1 Leafs
1" rear drop shackles [I think they are SDHQ, need to check my invoice]

Wheels and Tires:
Nitto Ridge Grappler 37 x 12.5 x 20
Venom Rex 601 Black 20 x 9

Engine:
Pedal Commander
SPD Turbo Adapters [Install is next week]
@COBB Tuning Stage 2 when it's available [Hopefully soon!]

Upcoming:
Lighting upgrades
Bakflip MX4 Tonneau

The ride quality is amazing to me. We installed the Icons and Geisers without the drop shackles at first to see how things worked with the live shocks. Regular driving wasn't bad, but it was pretty bouncy on the highway. Lowering by one inch in the rear to factory height seems to have resolved that and the ride is great. I haven't measured yet, but the truck seems to sit pretty level. As others have noted the Geisers are pretty tall until they break in some.

My last truck was a 2018 Platinum with a 4" BDS / Fox lift kit running 35 Nittos, and it's a night and day difference in almost all respects. As others have said, the Recaro seats are really comfortable too and a nice upgrade compared to the Platinum seats. I also have driven in my buddy's 18 Raptor and prefer the Recaros to his seats.

Anyone in the Austin area looking to get some work done should give Trident Trucks a call. Greg and his crew over there are great - they are knowledgeable and really accommodating.
Brad and his team at Authentic Details did all my exterior paint and tint work. They have done several of my vehicles and are really a top notch outfit.

See the second post for pictures after the PPF and coating.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working on a build for my 19 in Velocity Blue. Things are coming along well and can't wait until the guys at @COBB Tuning have something ready for the 2019s.

Exterior Mods:
Suntek Ultra PPF on full front end, hood, fenders, A / B pillars, and rocker panels
Feynlab Heal Lite 5 year ceramic coating
Suntek CIR ceramic tint all around including the sun roof
AMP Research power running boards
Spray in liner

Suspension:
Geiser Progressive Springs
Icon Stage 1 Leafs
1" rear drop shackles [I think they are SDHQ, need to check my invoice]

Wheels and Tires:
Nitto Ridge Grappler 37 x 12.5 x 20
Venom Rex 601 Black 20 x 9

Engine:
Pedal Commander
SPD Turbo Adapters [Install is next week]
@COBB Tuning Stage 2 when it's available [Hopefully soon!]

Upcoming:
Lighting upgrades
Bakflip MX4 Tonneau

The ride quality is amazing to me. We installed the Icons and Geisers without the drop shackles at first to see how things worked with the live shocks. Regular driving wasn't bad, but it was pretty bouncy on the highway. Lowering by one inch in the rear to factory height seems to have resolved that and the ride is great. I haven't measured yet, but the truck seems to sit pretty level. As others have noted the Geisers are pretty tall until they break in some.

My last truck was a 2018 Platinum with a 4" BDS / Fox lift kit running 35 Nittos, and it's a night and day difference in almost all respects. As others have said, the Recaro seats are really comfortable too and a nice upgrade compared to the Platinum seats. I also have driven in my buddy's 18 Raptor and prefer the Recaros to his seats.

Anyone in the Austin area looking to get some work done should give Trident Trucks a call. Greg and his crew over there are great - they are knowledgeable and really accommodating.
Brad and his team at Authentic Details did all my exterior paint and tint work. They have done several of my vehicles and are really a top notch outfit.

See the second post for pictures after the PPF and coating.

Are the pictures before or after the drop shackles? Looks great by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

FerdFteen

Reaction score
Are the pictures before or after the drop shackles? Looks great by the way!

@MZRaptor72 Thanks man. The pictures are before the drop shackles. We put those on but the rear seemed to settle pretty quickly while the Geisers did not. The truck ended up being nose high, so we ended up removing them and it sits level now (eyeballing it, haven't measured yet as I'm swapping out the Icons for Deavers this week).

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@MZRaptor72 Thanks man. The pictures are before the drop shackles. We put those on but the rear seemed to settle pretty quickly while the Geisers did not. The truck ended up being nose high, so we ended up removing them and it sits level now (eyeballing it, haven't measured yet as I'm swapping out the Icons for Deavers this week).

Ugh! Like what kind of problems?? I’ve got Geisers and Icons en route... Was originally going with Deavers, but really liked the flexibility that the Icons seemed to have. So you have now taken Geisers off or I’m assuming the drop shackles? AND the Icons are being replaced with Deavers. Ugh... freakin’ gut punch! I think your pics... that stance... was edged me over. Killin’ me...

OP
OP
F

FerdFteen

Reaction score
The Icons constantly clunk and pop. It's gotten progressively worse. I was CC'ed on some email communications from my shop and their support team and they were just causing more trouble than it's worth. I likely just got a bad set of leafs but that's a poor customer service model that I don't want to deal with. Hoping since I'm in central TX that I won't get rust as bad on the Deavers as some of the members who have snowy winters.

The Geisers are a little stiff for my liking but hadn't planned to swap them out yet. My outfitter said Eibach released a new spring for the 2019 live shocks that isn't quite as much lift as the Geisers or even the regular Eibachs, so I'm trying to find out some more info on those.

I know multiple members of the forum are happy with Geisers and both Icons/Deavers, so hopefully you have a better outcome with that setup. @TXRaptor has a great build thread where he runs Geisers on 37s (along with a host of other awesome mods) that I used as a template for my build.